Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,we have a 1.5dce 14 plate which will not start and showing traction control on when trying.
Please advise if you've had a similar issue.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Many problems are related to poor batteries, as expected after lock down many members
are experiencing all sorts of problems most if not all can be attributed to the battery

If you have not replaced your battery say within the last three years then this could be the problem.

For the captur, batteries should last 5 to 6 years even if the battery seems in good condition the
captur will through up problems it is just the way the captur behaves .

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Yes, traction control warning was one of the issues that showed up when my battery started to fail on my 2014 model. I suggest you have your car's battery changed ASAP if it is still on the original

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
^
Maybe, but depends if the battery is on the way out or not. I charged the battery up fully when my wife first got the message (using a mains charger) but 4 days later it had died again..... battery obviously at end of its life. Having changed the battery, the car ran better than ever and we've not experienced any of those isolated weird electronic issues since

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many problems are related to poor batteries, as expected after lock down many members
are experiencing all sorts of problems most if not all can be attributed to the battery

If you have not replaced your battery say within the last three years then this could be the problem.

For the captur, batteries should last 5 to 6 years even if the battery seems in good condition the
captur will through up problems it is just the way the captur behaves .
Glad I read this, charged the battery and now all seems ok. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts