Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Dimonique S Last Friday, so I am still learning where everything is.......I have been into the menu and turned the TA on. So I was expecting the traffic announcements to come on as they did in my Nisson Note......but I got a message on the screen saying something like.......traffic announcements are not downloaded.......HELP?

·
Registered
921 Posts
. I think you will find traffic isn't included

Congrats on getting your new Captur
What colour did you go for

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are the traffic announcement controlled by the broadcasters or, in my case, MediaNav?
I have previously had announcements on two Clios and a Modus and a Scenic and they seemed to be more reliable than on the Captur!
I live in Essex and regularly get announcements from Oxfordshire, Berkshire and other far away places which have no relevance.
Another new phenomenon - when an announcement comes through the radio sometimes retunes to that station not the one being listened to previously.
When using a memory stick it seems to knock out the SatNav voice and just leaves a silent blank.

·
Super Moderator
2,757 Posts
JohnChambers said:
Are the traffic announcement controlled by the broadcasters or, in my case, MediaNav?...
I live in Essex and regularly get announcements from Oxfordshire, Berkshire and other far away places which have no relevance.
Any fairly modern car radio with RDS and EON should have the facility to listen to traffic announcements ("TA" mode enabled"; "TP" usually signifies that the station you are listening to is capable of issuing traffic announcements).

Picking up the announcements depends on the broadcaster in the studio remembering to press a "Transmit TA" button before they read the travel news, and pressing the "Stop transmitting TA" button when they have finished. Sometimes they forget to press the end button, so your radio ends up re-tuning to their station.
As to how far and wide the messages come from, this depends on how good your radio is at reception from distant transmitters. Usually the radio will pick up any TA messages from any station it can receive. When I used to live just outside Guildford in Surrey, on some very rare occasions when atmospheric conditions were "just right", I could pick up Essex Radio on FM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have enabled the TA .....We do this journey regularly and all our other cars picked up the local radio traffic announcements....
I did see the message, that traffic announcements ( or something like that) needed downloading.....Dont understand what I can do

·
Registered
291 Posts
Local radio traffic announcements should work ok if switched on....if the radio works correctly, TA is switched on, and you are not getting the local announcements your radio must be faulty...take it back to your Dealer..
It all works fine on mine and I certainly didn't download anything..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Halin. The radio is working fine and TA is turned on, but we are not getting any traffic announcments.....I will give the dealer a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why oh why do Renault dealers keep passing the buck?.!if there is a fault, and there is, THEY should fix it or do the emailing..NOT the customer..!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
JohnChambers said:
Are the traffic announcement controlled by the broadcasters or, in my case, MediaNav?
I have previously had announcements on two Clios and a Modus and a Scenic and they seemed to be more reliable than on the Captur!
Another new phenomenon - when an announcement comes through the radio sometimes retunes to that station not the one being listened to previously.
When using a memory stick it seems to knock out the SatNav voice and just leaves a silent blank.
Shouldn't make any difference when using usb - announcements come through and pauses the mp3 then switches off and back to the mp3

·
Registered
863 Posts
my ta works fine and I never touched nothing honest guv
.i am in Essex.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts