Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussion here as to whether speed cameras are featured on themedia nav S. Renault head office have told me yes and no depending on who I speak to, and even my dealer who has been so very helpful, told me the camera feature was a £55 upgrade.

Well I took delivery of my Dynamique media nav S on Saturday and guess what it DOES have speed camera function.

However now I have it I wish I could turn off all the bleeping bleeps every 100 yards when approaching the cameras!

Chris

·
Registered
924 Posts
Chris,It is possible to turn off the bleeping on medianav. got to the area where warnings are and uncheck the box.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Media nav system is Garmin navigation I think, and yes it is rubbish on speed camera approach two beeps four times unlike tom-tom on my last car it beeps twice and thats all which was great, if you are on a road 50mph and then goes to 30mph it goes off like a fire engine until you slow down what a pain.Also on road speed signs it does not work in many areas I used often just to check am doing the correct speed. Yes you can turn off as crossbow says, the system needs a software update to fix this problem

·
Registered
924 Posts
Medianav is NOT Garmin Jonjohn. What makes you think it is. My old satnav was Garmin, and the system in the captur behaves very differently. I wish it WAS Garmin.
it is actually NavTeq for the data, Navngo for the software, and LG for the screen, and Windows CE for the operating system.

I have talked with Renault about the querky way it sets up routes, and was told to ignore the advice if it took you into housing estates instead of directing you along the main road. So what good is a satnav that you have to ignore?

The reason it goes off like a fire engine, is you get so many bleeps per MPH over the top of the speed limit.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your comments. One final annoyance though is the countdown to the camera, 500 yards, 400 yards etc, bleeping each time. Can we preset a distance from the camera.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cheers Crossbow for information on system nav wash't sure !Freddie don't think you can preset distance but will have a good look at it to make sure would be good if you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts