Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just bought Captur and noticed that trip computer resets automatically. Odometer works fine but other parameters like used fuel, avg consumption, current consumption, trip distance resets to zero or --:-- on the way. It resets randomly on any trip any time. I go to work about 3 miles and it resets 2-3 times. Any thought why this happening?

Captur 1,2L EDC
MY 2015

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I red about trip computer resets in a few forums when battery is near death, but if its battery fault trip computer always resets when engine is starting. I don't think it is battery it resets while even while car is moving and doesn't resets on starting engine...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Just bought Captur and noticed that trip computer resets automatically. Odometer works fine but other parameters like used fuel, avg consumption, current consumption, trip distance resets to zero or --:-- on the way. It resets randomly on any trip any time. I go to work about 3 miles and it resets 2-3 times. Any thought why this happening?

Captur 1,2L EDC
MY 2015
I have just bought a 2020 Captur 155 hp Intens. It does the same thing. Annoying as I would like to see how much gas it uses. If anyone has a solution to this I'm very interested. Best Regards. Johnny.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
Must be a software bug. Time to attempt to contact a dealer (are any open?) or Renault UK

·
Registered
2 Posts
No I did not. The dealer have been updating software twice but the problem is still there.
Seems that it is worst when the weather is warm for some reason. Perhaps it is the AC causing
problems.

Best regards. Johnny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, from Croatia,

I bought Captur 2020 1.3. TCe 130 HP.... and have the sam problem, But my board computer does not resets while driving. It resets while I wash the car (inside and outside). SO the car stays unlock for a period of 45 minutes, I opet one door, than other doors, boot space, close some of the doors, and the display resets it in that period. And not only resets, it changes languages !!!! IN front of the driver, 10,25 inch display start in Slovenian, and the central dispaly 9,3 inch in Croatian.... !!!!! If anybody finds solution I would apperciate it. Sorry for my bad English... Sincerely, VLado

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fixed by Renault Cardiff today. Car system showed no faults but they kept car for 10 days and contacted Renault UK as they witnessed it resetting itself every 0.5 - 1.5 miles. Complete touchscreen replaced as the screen was causing a reset of trip. To anyone still experiencing this in UK or abroad ask your dealer to replace the touchscreen. Fingers crossed all resolved

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just bought a 2020 Captur 155 hp Intens. It does the same thing. Annoying as I would like to see how much gas it uses. If anyone has a solution to this I'm very interested. Best Regards. Johnny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the mileage trip reset issue, I was beginning to doubt myself. I bought my new Captur about 3 weeks ago, I've a total of 352 miles on the clock. I first noticed the mileage reset not long after I got the car home from the dealership, I thought I had done something when I had been tinkering so thought nothing of it. I put £30 worth of petrol in the car made a number of journeys approx 220 miles. This morning I looked at the ave mpg and miles traveled (both numbers are displayed in the top left of the screen B/dash) since filling the car it read 98.5 miles? Obviously, something has happened, thus the check on here. I have reset every thing, all values, I'll put £10 worth of juice in the car and see what happens before I contact the dealership, just in case I did something I shouldn't have. I would be interested in hearing from owners with similar problems and the fix received/obtained. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
130 Posts
This problem is the only niggle I have with what is a great car. In the nearly five months I've had it (1775 miles) I have never once managed to get through a full tank of petrol without the trip computer etc. zeroing at least once, sometimes two or three times. If I recollect correctly it has happened once whilst driving but otherwise when it has been stood. Some of the posts in this thread attribute it to the battery, which in my case could be right as my Start/Stop hardly ever works due to not being able to go on longer runs. Another post mentioned the touchscreen having to be changed. I can't get my head around this. How can this affect the meters in the Instrument Display? I would be interested to hear from PeteJ1969 and find out if it cured the fault. Otherwise still a great car, I'll have to learn to stop obsessing about it until the Dealer reopens, but knowing me they won't be able to replicate the fault. Rant over.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
From what PeteJ said, if replacing the touchscreen cured the fault, it would mean that there is a "short" in the touchscreen such that it thinks that someone has pressed it to reset the readings. I've seen something similar on the touchscreen of a medical device where I used to work and sometimes it can be very difficult to trace the fault - can be a localised failure of the touchscreen membrane or a piece of debris that got sandwiched during the manufacture - or impact damage !

Reactions: PatWar

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
130 Posts
No the touchscreen isn't part of the reset procedure. Resets are done on the right-hand-side steering wheel controls only. This is why I couldn't understand what changing the touchscreen would do, but what do I know. Maybe someone who is technically knowledgeable could explain.

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
This seems to be a common problem across the whole Renault range. On older models it has sometimes been resolved with a new car battery but that shouldn't be an issue with a new car. Some owners say it is related to the weather (e.g. cold, rain etc). For those cars under warranty, Renault needs to address it. There is enough evidence on owner forums to show that it cannot be ignored. For older cars, over 5 or 6 years, it's time for a new battery anyway. See if that helps. If it's resetting overnight look for battery draining / voltage drop. Otherwise it's an electrical connection somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to you all.

I have a 1.3 tce petrol with the same problem.

There are people here talking about the touch screen because of the reset problems of the trip computer but the panel is not touch screen, the only touch screen is the easy link but the problem is the the driver panel and only (seems to me) in the 10" panel. And this isn't a battery problem, is a panel problem wich i think it isn't solved with any update or software, the panel is simply bad fabricated.

And there's other bug on it. Just try to configurate my sense widget with one diferent of the used in sport drive mode or eco drive mode and yiu'll see when returning to the my sense mode that the widget you choosed was changed to the eco or sports mode. There's just another demonstration of the panel bugs.

And miserably renault after sales service is mediocre, sadly we visited others car foruns, others facebook pages of car producers and we don't see the amount of complains we see in renault.

In fact, they have no solution to the problem and just push it around with their bellies to see if the consumer is silent and accepts the defective thing.

Very very disappointed with renault.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to you all, writing from France , the issue concerning the trip computer distance resetting every mile or kilometer seems more or less common on captur or other Renault. Did you have your problem fixed? Mine is a 2018 diesel captur. It has the same problem. Apparently Renault dealers seem to be blind towards this issue. Thank for your replies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts