Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just bought Captur and noticed that trip computer resets automatically. Odometer works fine but other parameters like used fuel, avg consumption, current consumption, trip distance resets to zero or --:-- on the way. It resets randomly on any trip any time. I go to work about 3 miles and it resets 2-3 times. Any thought why this happening?

Captur 1,2L EDC
MY 2015

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I red about trip computer resets in a few forums when battery is near death, but if its battery fault trip computer always resets when engine is starting. I don't think it is battery it resets while even while car is moving and doesn't resets on starting engine...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Just bought Captur and noticed that trip computer resets automatically. Odometer works fine but other parameters like used fuel, avg consumption, current consumption, trip distance resets to zero or --:-- on the way. It resets randomly on any trip any time. I go to work about 3 miles and it resets 2-3 times. Any thought why this happening?

Captur 1,2L EDC
MY 2015
I have just bought a 2020 Captur 155 hp Intens. It does the same thing. Annoying as I would like to see how much gas it uses. If anyone has a solution to this I'm very interested. Best Regards. Johnny.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Must be a software bug. Time to attempt to contact a dealer (are any open?) or Renault UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bought a 2020 Captur 1.5dci edc. It does the same thing.Trip computer reset every 2-3 days.
And 7inch display reboot 3 times in about 1 month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just bought a 2020 Captur 155 hp Intens. It does the same thing. Annoying as I would like to see how much gas it uses. If anyone has a solution to this I'm very interested. Best Regards. Johnny.
Hi I’ve just bought a 2019 gt line diesel and seem to have same problem. Did you get it sorted?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No I did not. The dealer have been updating software twice but the problem is still there.
Seems that it is worst when the weather is warm for some reason. Perhaps it is the AC causing
problems.

Best regards. Johnny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, from Croatia,

I bought Captur 2020 1.3. TCe 130 HP.... and have the sam problem, But my board computer does not resets while driving. It resets while I wash the car (inside and outside). SO the car stays unlock for a period of 45 minutes, I opet one door, than other doors, boot space, close some of the doors, and the display resets it in that period. And not only resets, it changes languages !!!! IN front of the driver, 10,25 inch display start in Slovenian, and the central dispaly 9,3 inch in Croatian.... !!!!! If anybody finds solution I would apperciate it. Sorry for my bad English... Sincerely, VLado

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fixed by Renault Cardiff today. Car system showed no faults but they kept car for 10 days and contacted Renault UK as they witnessed it resetting itself every 0.5 - 1.5 miles. Complete touchscreen replaced as the screen was causing a reset of trip. To anyone still experiencing this in UK or abroad ask your dealer to replace the touchscreen. Fingers crossed all resolved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts