Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My captur seems to be developing a mind of its own! I have 2 issues which may be related:

1) I get home. Press stop/start button. Car turns off, then everything comes back on again within a few seconds without me touching anything (eg radio, windscreen wipers). The only way I have found to stop it again is to open the car door, then everything powers off again. This is just annoying rather than anything else.

2) I stop the car temporarily. Don't press stop/start button. Open car door to quickly get something. Car decides that it needs to turn off completely and I need to start it again to move off. This one happened the other day at a car park, where I had pulled up slightly too far away from the ticket machine (didn't want to scratch the alloy wheels!) and had to open the door so I could reach the slot for the ticket to go in. I then had a panic that barrier would go down again before I could start the car and move off. Very frustrating!

Does anyone else have this problem, and do you know how to stop it (especially no 2)!

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
No. 2: Did you depress the clutch pedal and put the car in gear, and see if the car started on its own (S&S system) or did you just assume that as it had stopped, you would nneed to ppress the "start" button?

No. 1: Seems to be a Renault "fault". On my 1998 Scenic, when you start the car, the radio etc cuts out with the key in position III. On every other car that I (and my parents) have owned, the radio stays on when the starter motor turns. I queried this with Renault at the time but they told me it was normal for them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasn't the stop/start functionality. Beeped at me and completely cut off the power altogether

Thanks for the info on problem no 1- I can live with that one!
Edited by: Georgiegirl

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
In that case, no 2 is worrying... if you keep the car in a garage at night, this could mean that when you reverse out, then open the car door to get out and close the garage door, the car is going to stop. That's stupid and will put an extra strain on the battery

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. Didn't know if it was a quirk of the captur. Sounds like it isn't so May be a trip to the dealership!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts