Renault Captur Forums banner

Tyre monitors

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  IvorETower 
#1 ·
Hi, on a new shape Captur is anyone else getting check tyre pressures message, even though I have set them and initialised?

#3 ·
It's not an uncommon fault. I have seen it reported before, sometimes with other dashboard issues. If your car battery is fine and there are no other sensor warnings or fault codes stored it is a sensor or computer malfunction. Sounds like the dealer needs to sort it under warranty (you don't say what car/year).

#5 ·
Search this and the other Renault forums so you are well prepared before the service. It has happened to several owners and Renault needs to fix it. Saying they can't find the fault is no excuse. If your dealer can't help, contact renault customer service. The fault is well enough documented.

#10 ·
I had a lot of display errors. It was a loose fuse or relay. They fixed this so it works better now. But today I got a ”check tyre pressure” after I’ve washed my car. It could be that it was warm in the washing hall and much colder outside it so the pressure changed due to the big drop in temperature.

#14 ·
I stopped watching Top Gear when JC took over and turned it into bad comedy. As far as electronics, sensors and fuzzy logic in cars go I couldn't agree more. We started along this wrong path in the 80's (it leads to nowhere) when catalysts and unleaded petrol were forced upon us (don't get me started about poor environmental planning) and have ended up with cars more bloody complicated than the Apollo moon landing. My first cars had zero sensors (unless you count a fuel gauge and speedo). Timing, charging, fuel mixture were just a turn of a screw away. Even if we accept the need to regulate emissions why do the manufacturers insist in foisting unnecessary "aids" on us (tyre pressure monitors, climate control, seat belt warnings, smart charging, etc etc). I'm seriously thinking of buying a well maintained classic where I can get my hands around the engine once again.

#15 ·
most reliable car I had did not have much in the way of electronics. Manual windows, manual transmission, no central locking, no power steering, single carburettor with electronic ignition. Modern electronic stuff is OK while it works, but fault-finding can be a nightmare, plus will the bits still be made in 10, 20 or 30 years time to keep older models on the roads?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.