Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still awaiting delivery, hopefully tomorrow but I've heard that before so I won't get my hopes up yet.

Meantime I've been reading through the online owners manual. My car as standard doesn't come with a spare wheel so according to the manual it should come equipped with the tyre pressure kit comprising of a compressor etc. I've paid extra for a spare wheel as I've had bad experiences in the past where pothole damage has meant a breakdown wagon is required because there is no spare wheel to replace the damaged one.

My question is, do I still get the tyre pressure kit even though I've ordered a spare wheel ? I would think I should as I've paid extra for the wheel and the tyre pressure kit should be part of the standard car equipment. I just wondered if anybody else has experience of this.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The spare wheel replaces the tyre repair kit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, as far as using it goes the tyre pressure kit is replaced by the spare wheel.

My point is that I'm paying for a car that includes the tyre pressure kit then I'm paying extra for the spare wheel. I would have thought the tyre pressure kit belongs to me as it's part of the cost of the car. To be honest I just think that the compressor might be handy and if I've paid for it I'd like to have it

If I don't get it then who does ? It must have been in the car when it was shipped from the factory.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I thought that the tyre pressure kit was actually a repair kit and not a compressor???.
I got spare tyreas part of deal
Edited by: helart

·
Registered
6 Posts
You've paid extra for the spare, around £90. To buy the spare would cost you twice as much. Therefore you will only receive the spare space saver tyre. Asked the same question myself. I went for the space saver.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As Tony said above, I bought the spacesaver wheel/tyre it was £120, then there is the jack and storage tray which are extra. So your £95 gets you all that, but not the repair kit/compressor.

·
Registered
863 Posts
you will find that where the spare goes in the well the repair kit sits in a holder so if you did get it you will have to put the repair kit somewhere else.plus I think the compressor only fits the container that has the gunk in it.not sure thou.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
The tyre repair kit consists of a can of gunge designed to seal any small hole, plus a compressor to re-inflate the tyre; it has to be connected either to the battery or cigarette lighter socket (or 12V power point, as I think this has been re-named).

I've also opted for a spare (space-saver) on my Captur as I have had experiences where a puncture has damaged the tyre too far for sealant to cope - also if you need a new tyre on a Sunday afternoon, you're basically stranded until Monday. This replaces the can of gunge and compressor, and should also come with a jack so that you can lift the car to change the wheel. I've got an extended wheelwrench since the standard thing you get on all cars is far too feeble to cope with wheelnuts tightened by air tools used by tyre depots etc. You can get them for around £6 or £7 in the supermarkets or places like Wilkinsons, Argos etc

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies..looks like I don't get the compressor along with the spare wheel. It's no big loss......I probably wouldn't use it anyway, I just wanted something for nothing

A spare is definately a better option

·
Registered
428 Posts
I ordered a spare wheel (£95-). I also have the inflation kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts