Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I keep getting this message tyre pressure set tpw, so I press the up arrow the opposite side from indicator and the it flashes and says launched set tpw ? But it just keeps coming up and all tyres are fine and it's been in garage no fault anyone know what to do?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
Any idea how to resolve this please?
I get the same message and I have searched the Manual for the car with no results.
Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received!
Chris27

·
Registered
863 Posts
i had this with my captur also with my vitara . what I done was put a couple of pounds pressure over what it was supposed to be.i drove a cople of miles and it stayed on but I turned the ignition off and then on and it cleared itself try it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mines the same ! ive just booked a servce so i'll ask when it gets done. Will let you kmow ( booked in 8th jan)<div ="grammarly-disable-indicator">

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ours has just put the tyre with exclamation mark on???? Will check the pressures later... Strange thing is I didn't think our version actually had any tyre monitoring at all!
We always get the learning message & that never goes away :) Which seemed to confirm that it's not fitted to a "Dynamic S" 1500cc Diesel?

Tyres are certainly not flat, cold well yes, Minus 8 yesterday lol
Mostly concerned about the warning light of the exclamation mark inside a tyre - any thoughts please? Reset time?

·
Registered
165 Posts
ccabw said:
Ours has just put the tyre with exclamation mark on???? Mostly concerned about the warning light of the exclamation mark inside a tyre - any thoughts please? Reset time?
Mine came up with this warning yet everything looked fine. However it turned out I had a slow puncture on rear offside.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So.... my wife has brought the car home form work & I've been out to manually check the tyre pressures & they're fine.I noticed there was a message on the dash something like "Check tyre pressure adjustment" (not seen that before) plus the exclamation mark inside a cut away tyre icon.

I pushed the button on the end of the RH stalk & got to the "Learning Tyre Pressures" message then held the button in & the message changed & the warning icon went away.
Took it for a drive & as always (2 years now) all we have is the constant "Learning Tyre Pressures" message.....

So do I have tyre pressure monitoring or not? Does that message ever change? Do I need to do something else to reset it or have I got a fault? OR just one of those things due to the cold (minus 8 deg C)

Thanks....

·
Registered
123 Posts
"Learning Tyre Pressures" is not a message - it's a menu heading just like the others in that circle; avg consumption, Temp etc."Check tyre pressure adjustment" is a message, informing you that one or more tires has lost some pressure and it's time to check it. If pressure loss happens fast, it says something more sinister - don't remember what, but saw it when changin to summer tyres last spring. Summer tyres had lost some pressure over winter storage, so pressure monitor went haywire after a few Km. A quick fill of all tyres to correct pressure, turn on ignition, go to menu point "Learning Tyre Pressures", press and hold up or down buttom for something like 5-10 secs and message change to "Pressure ref ongoing" and warning lights and icon disappears.
But does anyone know how to turn this pressure surveilance off ? My winter tyres doesn't have the TMP valves, so "Check tyre pressure adjustment" comes up pretty often - resetting only buys me a short pause. But you learn to ignore warning light ;o)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the response. An unfortunate translation perhaps? To me "Learning" suggests that it is in the state of learning & that it will be completed sometime soon & the Text displayed will change to confirm that something has indeed been learnt. Never happens though :) Just the way it is :)The Manual says there should be a label at the drivers door stating which TPMS is fitted as Type A or Type B - I don't have this, which again suggests that the Dynamic S does not have any TPMS? Since my pressures were all OK the warning looks like an anomaly & has cleared with a reset - a bit strange none-the-less...
As regards your situation with 2 sets of wheels, you could add TPMS valves to the 2nd set.....www.tpmswarehouse.co.uk&nbsp; Good Luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Agree - I would have expected such a translation from far east manufacturers - seems the Frenchmen are not much better ;o)And yes, I could just install TPS sensors in my winter tyres, but: the car is registered two days before the law making TPS mandatory on new cars here was passed, so it's partially a principal matter ;o)
And I'd have to fork out about a 100 £ for a set of 2nd hand sensor and the bribe my brother in law to help me install them (he has access to the machinery).
Anyhow - I'm not too impressed by that law - had own car for 40 years and only had 3 flats.
And every time, I knew it long before it got anywhere near dangerous ;o)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Jesper H said:
Agree - I would have expected such a translation from far east manufacturers - seems the Frenchmen are not much better ;o)And yes, I could just install TPS sensors in my winter tyres, but: the car is registered two days before the law making TPS mandatory on new cars here was passed, so it's partially a principal matter ;o)
And I'd have to fork out about a 100 £ for a set of 2nd hand sensor and the bribe my brother in law to help me install them (he has access to the machinery).
Anyhow - I'm not too impressed by that law - had own car for 40 years and only had 3 flats.
There pressure sensors have nothing to do with the actual Schroeder valve in the rim of the wheel. There is a little ""˜black box' inside the wheel which monitors the pressure, even when the innards of the rubber valve are changed, as when you get a new tyre. I watched carefully as a fitter changed the front tyres on our captur, and asked questions about them.
I asked him what would happen if the sensor became damaged during fitting, as it seems to be ""˜glued' to the inside of the rim. He told me that Renault would have to supply a new one as, unlike other universal parts like bulbs and wipers, these were only fitted to Renault's.

·
Registered
724 Posts
As for ""˜learning the tyre pressure', ours has been like that since day one. But it certainly works, because when the wife had a puncture and I put a space saver spare wheel on, the whole thing went nuts. Lights everywhere about tyre pressures, EBS, EBD, traction control.....the works. It all went away (gradually) when a new tyre was fitted.

·
Registered
123 Posts
STEVEA said:
Jesper H said:
There pressure sensors have nothing to do with the actual Schroeder valve in the rim of the wheel. There is a little ""˜black box' inside the wheel which monitors the pressure, even when the innards of the rubber valve are changed, as when you get a new tyre. I watched carefully as a fitter changed the front tyres on our captur, and asked questions about them.
I asked him what would happen if the sensor became damaged during fitting, as it seems to be ""˜glued' to the inside of the rim. He told me that Renault would have to supply a new one as, unlike other universal parts like bulbs and wipers, these were only fitted to Renault's.

I disagree - this is what's used on our Captur:

·
Registered
123 Posts
But there are two systems in use, according to the manual.The above depicted is absolutely not propriatory to Renault - don't know about the other system in use.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the system used on newer models monitors the speed of each Wheel via the ABS electronically with no module and if one begins to change due to being flatter it triggers a TPW

·
Registered
724 Posts
Jesper H said:
STEVEA said:
Jesper H said:

I disagree - this is what's used on our Captur:
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. My description was obviously cr*p, but that's the little black thing I saw inside the rim. The fitter unscrewed the inside of the valve and replaced it, but he didn't change the actual rubber bit.
Thanks for the pic, I will keep that....just in case.
I also put Schroeder when I meant schrader.....doh.Edited by: STEVEA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts