Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Captur for 4 weeks and unfortunately over the weekend, my car and several others were damaged overnight by mindless vandals
. As well as scratches to the body work one of the front tyres was cut.The tyre was changed over to the spare which the handbook states is just to get you home so, first thing Monday morning I went to my local dealer for a replacement tyre.
The dealer informed me that as this is a new model they have no tyres in stock in fact they later found out Renault España cannot provide a tyre at all and I would have to wait 10 days for them to take delivery.
Can you believe it !! This means that the car will have to be parked up and is not useable until Renault can supply a new one. I was told if I had bought a Clio or a Megan, they have stockpiles of this tyre and no problem at all to replace immediately.

SO - BEWARE! if you do get a puncture or worse and need a replacement - you may have to wait a while or, do as I have now done, after spending all of the day trying to resolve, source one through an independent tyre supplier who seem to be able to do something Renault cannot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 17" Níagara wheels in black and silver. Made by Michelin so should be readily available especially you would have thought to Renault. The good news is I have just had a phone call from my independent garage who ordered the tyre yesterday and are fitting at a time to suit me today so I will be back on the road. They told me yesterday it is not an easy size to get but they would certainly try for me - and they have.
I should also maybe point out that the Captur was purchased for my business so if I had taken the word of my local Renault dealer who sold me the car, I would have been without the vehicle for business purposes for 10 days - not good.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A quick Google finds a couple of suppliers that have stock, you'd have thought the dealer would have tried elsewhere rather than leave a customer hanging like that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No they didn't quote me a price but I paid yesterday 141‚¬ (Euros) supplied and fitted from the independent supplier so thats a guide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts