Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with shiny new cars and birds

We park our shiny new Tahoe blue Captur in exactly the same places as we parked the 10 year old Laguna but it seems to attract birds to sh
all over it.......the Laguna didn't have the same level of attraction . Is this the birds showing their appreciation ??

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
Nope, the blue makes the birds think that it's the sea, so it's OK for them to perform their nasty deeds on the car. Should have gone for a white or black roof !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IvorETower said:
Nope, the blue makes the birds think that it's the sea, so it's OK for them to perform their nasty deeds on the car. Should have gone for a white or black roof !

Good theory but the Laguna was also blue although maybe not as shiny in it's later years.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I had the same todayOyster grey with a black roof
They are obviously NOT colour prejudice

LoL

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just thank heaven that cows can't fly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Birds simply prefer newly washed cars / that's my experience ................

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
Keep the roof well waxed, and a tub/packet of baby wipes in the car to clean off the unwanted deposits ASAP before they go hard (especially in the sun) and damage the paint.
Modern water-based car paints are not very durable, unlike the proper cellulose-based stuff that used to be common when I were a lad. EU politicians have a lot to answer for

·
Registered
119 Posts
I paid for autoglym on my car and got a handy pack with it when the car was delivered.
I have 'bird poo' wipes. Blooming handy where my car is current parked.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Baby wipes seem to be the answer and get it wiped off ASAP. I think they maybe see their own reflection in the shiny paintwork and think it's a threat so....bomb it !!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts