I just wish I could download I tunes

Lyn

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
97 Posts
LynG - To download iTunes go here:https://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/download/

On the left hand side you'll see something that looks like this:

Make sure you un-tick both boxes and then push the 'Download Now' button in blue. You should start downloading the iTunes Setup file, once downloaded find where you saved it to, double click on the file and follow the instructions.

Give it a whirl, if you end up in a pickle give us a shout.

Edited by: lor

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LorI will give it a go thank you

I now need a new usb stick to get it as the one I have seems to ha e something on it probably old work stuff

Would it also tea n after to my laptop as well ?

Am I pushing my luck now

Lyn

·
Registered
59 Posts
lunG- can you please in the simplest terms tell me how you got updated maps and full postcodes? I'm not very good technically and if it could be given in an idiot proof way I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigeater said:
lunG- can you please in the simplest terms tell me how you got updated maps and full postcodes? I'm not very good technically and if it could be given in an idiot proof way I would appreciate it.

I'm ok but not great but hopefully I can help

Take a USB stick and plug it into the medinav

It will ask if you are ready to upload
Press ok

It will take several minutes

Then when it is finished

Plug the USB in to your computer and open your Renault medinav

If you have already registered

The instructions are on screen

Go upgrade and search in BROWSE for UK postcodes
Pay your fee of £4,95

Then it will update which again takes several minutes

Once this is done take the USB and plug it into the car

It will take maybe 5 mins to upgrade follow the instructions

Hope that helps

Lyn

·
Registered
924 Posts
LynG said:
I now need a new usb stick to get it as the one I have seems to ha e something on it probably old work stuff

If you don't want the stuff you already have on your memory stick, you can reformat it using file explorer "format" option.

This will remove the old stuff, and get it ready to take new stuff.

Mind you, youjust keep adding stuff to it until it is full, or it don't do want you want it to. Often systems like the MediaNav require a newly formatted memory stick to work.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crossbow said:
LynG said:

If you don't want the stuff you already have on your memory stick, you can reformat it using file explorer "format" option.

This will remove the old stuff, and get it ready to take new stuff.

Mind you, youjust keep adding stuff to it until it is full, or it don't do want you want it to. Often systems like the MediaNav require a newly formatted memory stick to work.
Thank you Crossbow I have just reformatted an existing usb stick

I am trying to download my iTunes onto it and failing miserably

also trying to moveI tunes across to my lap top

Heh Ive managed one task today re Postcodes and Updating map so what do I expect miracles lol

Lyn

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LynG said:
bigeater said:

I'm ok but not great but hopefully I can help

Take a USB stick and plug it into the medinav

It will ask if you are ready to upload
Press ok

It will take several minutes

Then when it is finished

Plug the USB in to your computer and open your Renault medinav

If you have already registered

The instructions are on screen

Go upgrade and search in BROWSE for UK postcodes
Pay your fee of £4,95

Then it will update which again takes several minutes

Once this is done take the USB and plug it into the car

It will take maybe 5 mins to upgrade follow the instructions

Hope that helps

Lyn
lo

Did you manage to give it a go ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bigeater said:
hi lynG, not gave it a try yet as I,'ll need to buy a usb stick, what capacity does it need?

I can honestly say I have no idea

I just had a bog standard USB

And that was totally fine

Let me know h poo w you get on tesco usb around £5

Lyn

·
Registered
924 Posts
LynG,I am not sure what you are doing; downloading ITunes?

You will not be able to download ITunes ontothe MediaNav system. MediaNav does not support the file format that ITunes uses. If you wish to play your ITunes stuff, then I suggest using an Apple device plugged into the USB socket on the MediaNav system. The device I use it an Apple IPod. This works fine, and can be controlled by the MediaNav media player.

If you are trying to download ITunes for another purpose, please excuse me. I have hold of the wrong end of the [USB] stick.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
crossbow said:
LynG,I am not sure what you are doing; downloading ITunes?

You will not be able to download ITunes ontothe MediaNav system. MediaNav does not support the file format that ITunes uses. If you wish to play your ITunes stuff, then I suggest using an Apple device plugged into the USB socket on the MediaNav system. The device I use it an Apple IPod. This works fine, and can be controlled by the MediaNav media player.

If you are trying to download ITunes for another purpose, please excuse me. I have hold of the wrong end of the [USB] stick.

I was trying to download on to a USB

But I am failing miserably

I have an I pod but thought the usb would be neater and if I forgot to remove it when leaving my lovely car it wouldn't be too bad

I'm also trying to move iTunes on to my lap top

Any tips ??

Lyn

·
Registered
68 Posts
bigeater said:
hi lynG, not gave it a try yet as I,'ll need to buy a usb stick, what capacity does it need?

The Medianav handbook recommends at least a 4GB USB stick. I used a 16GB stick to do my map updates, postcode update etc then loaded it with music to use it as my media device.

You can buy one on Amazon for £6.55. It's quite small which is ideal as you don't want it sticking too far out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002U1ZBG0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
johnco said:
bigeater said:

The Medianav handbook recommends at least a 4GB USB stick. I used a 16GB stick to do my map updates, postcode update etc then loaded it with music to use it as my media device.

You can buy one on Amazon for £6.55. It's quite small which is ideal as you don't want it sticking too far out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002U1ZBG0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's good to know
If only I could down load my I tunes on a USB

I'VE spent nearly three hours today and gave up

·
Registered
924 Posts
LynG,ITunes will not let you load its music directly to a USB stick. ITunes will only transfer to CDs or sync with other ITunes compatible devices.
One way is to use a conversion programme to convert ITunes files to a MediaNav compatible file type. Take a look around the forum. There are threads on how to do this. Look out for MP3 conversion threads or something similar.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
crossbow said:
LynG,ITunes will not let you load its music directly to a USB stick. ITunes will only transfer to CDs or sync with other ITunes compatible devices.
One way is to use a conversion programme to convert ITunes files to a MediaNav compatible file type. Take a look around the forum. There are threads on how to do this. Look out for MP3 conversion threads or something similar.

Thank you for letting me know I really appreciate it

Lyn

·
Registered
863 Posts
lynG whats this register thing with Renault.do you have a website that I can go to to register thinking of trying to upgrade my satnav.??

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hicky said:
lynG whats this register thing with Renault.do you have a website that I can go to to register thinking of trying to upgrade my satnav.??

Hi

You need to register with Renault Medinav

And have a usb stick you can do a free map upgrade and also download postcodes f poo r £4,95

It takes a trip to your car and your computer and little time but if I can do a y o be can

Lyn

1 - 20 of 37 Posts