Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we bought our 2014 Captur in 2017 and I updated the SAtNav for free straight after. Totally forgot about it since and finally decided to look to update again.It seems it needed an OS update which all happened fine. Went to update the SatNav and maps and it then said 'content is up to date'. But when I look at purchase options it appears that I can buy UK maps, version 8.2, for £59. So, without wanting to possibly waste £59, does 'content is up to date' mean I already have the most up to date maps, so I don't need to update to 8.2? Or does it mean the OS system is up to date? Is there a simple way I can check my map version on my car? And does anyone know when UK version 8.2 was released?
Many thanks! Cheers, Nigel

·
Registered
31 Posts
What version of satnav do you have? Maybe for 2014 car is installed MediaNav.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, for MediaNav when you insert USB with fingerprint, the Toolbox is checking first if is available any upgrade of system and give this. Later check files update.
Anyway you have free maps update only in first 90 days from car purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
... and the "latest" version of maps that Renault provide seems, in my experience, to be somewhat out of date compared to reality (or the current Garmin or TomTom data on their stand-alone sat nav devices with free lifetime updates)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with you regarding TomTom standalone units. But regards Garmin I didn't see life time update maps free yet.
Regards maps provided by Naviextras, yes are outdated, at least half year back in case of MediaNav and for R-Link more or less the same.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As someone with a 2017 Captur I have done exactly the same and wasted money on an upgrade. Take the free software update if you need it but the maps (where I live and I am not in UK) are terrible. They don't even get me home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my unit with maps from 2019.Q4 I am not complaining about finding my home and many POI. But I am not leaving in pick of mountain, just in normal city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts