Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all like to be individual but some things can only be changed on a car for specific items made for that car. I was wondering if it would be help for Captur owners who have added/changed items on their car to post details of items or companies from whom they purchased odds and ends and what their experience with same was?

To date I have purchased/changed

Richbrook Titanium car tax disc holder

Wurth Lockable Number Plate frame, both from Amazon and very happy with both.

G3 wind deflectors from micksgarage.com -detailed instructions,excellent fit with very nice, discrete Renault logo sticker

Lockable tyre valve caps with black and silver Renault logo top stickersfrom luxyline.com - they sent yellow stickers first but as soon as I sent email, they apologised and sent replacements.

The Headrest Tablet Holder Kit from technologydealsuk

Fireball Car Aerial topper in car matching colour from aerialballs on eBAy

Front parking sensors fitted by Leighton's Garage in Howden, East Yorkshire - excellent work.

Replacement light bulbs ordered via Halfords (care to be taken as headlamps are plastic and lamps must be suitable to preventing damage to the plastic)

Am looking at twin exhaust end in S/S but not sure yet

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good post VBL
I too like to personalise and to search forums for ideas so your post is most welcome.
Currently I'm looking for Renault mudflaps and have seen them on eBay France so waiting to see if UK dealers start to stock to save on expensive postage.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Don't get them!! Unless you buy the front ones only!!
The 'discussions' I've had with my dealer from the very start have driven me to drink!!
The Captur NEEDS them to save the bodywork and arches...but...here is the low down..They don't make specific ones for the car...even though they advertise them in their accessory catalogue. I bought them when I first ordered the car, and I was advised NOT to fit them as they would spoil the look of the car!!
I then tried my local garage to fit them...and they couldn't!! (?) I went back to Renault and had the front ones fitted and they made a BIG difference. They're not particularly big, but do their job well. The back ones could NOT be fitted and would look wrong according to the Renault dealership. According to them they need to be smaller and be 'spats'...despite them selling the ones they provided for the car initially!
So, don't hold your breath, as they're STANDARD RENAULT MUDFLAPS for ALL Renault models!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Would be interested in know what bulbs you ordered Vbl for dipped lights ? e.g. make model etc. and if they make much difference when you get them fitted.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlueMeanie said:
Would be interested in know what bulbs you ordered Vbl for dipped lights ? e.g. make model etc. and if they make much difference when you get them fitted.
Halfords are finding out what is suitable as there are no listings on their books for Captur. Will post details when they get them. On my previous car (Juke) I changed all the bulbs and they were a great improvement on the ones supplied by Nissan
Edited by: Vbl

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my Captur there are back "flaps" which were on the car as fitted by dealership when I got the car. They are quite small and not rigid as some mud guards were made - will post photo if I can download it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Vbi, I think you might be talking about the little flaps before the wheels...I may be wrong...I would be interested to see them if they're placed after the wheels.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ythsie said:
Vbi, I think you might be talking about the little flaps before the wheels...I may be wrong...I would be interested to see them if they're placed after the wheels.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A pity, because I thought someone had a solution..
Maybe someone in the forum has rear flaps fitted?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts