Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have had my Captur for nust under 2 months love it but have had a few issues - which I have listed below and what has been fixed so far:

1. Wiper Smearing not clearing the windscreen - they were replaces at a cost of £93 (approx) for wipers - under warranty thank goodness

2. When lights are on automatic the fog lights have a mind of there own when going round corners they change from one to the other even when straight only one stays on this needs looked at - already been checked by dealer who said nothing is wrong! Going back into tomorrow to get checked - but do not want pulled by the police!

3. Auto/Stop Start not worked for about 2 weeks all a bit strange - getting looked at tomorrow

4. Media Nav crashed - was booked in and software update installed - the only thing I find is that the volume doesn't turn up on traffic announcements now - trival but worked before the update.

5. read some posts about the handbrake this does need fixed need two hands to pull it when your on a hill - will ask dealership to tighen this up.

Sound like a lot but it is more annoying that the car is only 7 week old as I do love it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I must admit that I am disappointed by the wipers, they make an almighty noise on mine when the rain is quite light; I need to get them looked at I reckon whilst it's still fairly new.

Don't know about your fog lights - but I do know that it only takes a minor turn on the wheel to illuminate them and don't forget that they come on with the relevant indicator as well.

Your stop start might not be working because the temperature has been very low lately; it won't work in temperatures below 3 degrees I think?

I'd agree with you about the handbrake, mine needs pulling up a lot to get it to hold on the hills....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cooksters right with stop start there are a lot of specific reasons it wont work. Not enough battery charge, too cold, too hot etc. But from what you've said that sounds normal.

Same with the fogs, when you turn the corresponding fog light will light up to improve visibility in the corner. They also light up when you reverse so that sounds fine too. Although yours might be a bit over sensitive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah mum hubby was in front of me a few days ago and said it was made the way the lights were going on and but when I was driving straight one was on and one off - best to get it double checked anyway.
Will get a good run with the car over the weekend so will be interesting to see if the stop/start works but again want it double checked.

I am a firm believer in using the warranty and getting things checked we had a Kia Soul which considering the accident we had came out not bad and basically kept us safe if but the warranty itself was invaluable saved us thousands.

If in doubt get it checked out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts