Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to update my sat nav with post code data that I bought 10 days ago. I have tried all the steps I have read online and can get the data from the media nav to the memory stick but after that no luck.

Am I supposed to upload it back to the media nav, if I try to update using the same method as getting the original data nothing happens.

Can anyone help it is driving me insane.

I love the car but this is such a pathetic thing to omit from a navigation system all for the sake of a fiver and why is it not mentioned when test driving one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Pain isn't it...Renault have never added post code search to their sat-nav systems

1 Put the USB into the media-nav and update it.
2 Go back to the PC and plug the USB in. The toolbox should then update the USB.
(You may find that the toolbox will want to do a software update on the media-nav first)
3 Go back to the car, plug in the USB and run the update again.
If media-nav required a sodtware update, you will then have to repeat this for the post code update

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Prof Pat Pending said:
If media-nav required a sodtware update.....

Many a true word spoken in jest !

Sodtware could be a perfect description of Renault's software (sometimes)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Elloise before you used the usb stick did you format it? I got to your stage and it wouldn't work then I realised I hadn't formatted the stick. I went over the steps again and it updated with no problems. Best of luck.
meterman_56

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Guys even with its faults the medianav is a great system. Elloise you need to update your maps within 90 days to get a free update. I would recommend a visit to your dealer if still no joy!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more Tyrfelin..its a joy to use..sound quality is really good also. My wife has the Clio Tom Tom with remote control..what an absolute pain to use..my poor wife doesn't even bother.
meterman_56

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Thanks meterman_56 perhaps we need to have more POSITIVE posts in the forum as well as genuine queries!!!!! Some bitter people in some threads tbh

·
Registered
16 Posts
I managed to do mine last night after several failed attempts, it kept saying something like "update not valid" it took about 4 tried to run through instructions again and again. Finally it seemed to do something and when I went back into the sat nav it let me input town/postcode so I'm assuming having tried two different postcodes I've cracked it. It was certainly frustrating and I consider myself to be quite tech savvie, although having to dig out an old PC laptop didn't really help though, I've only ever used macs for a long time now, I can't understand why renault wouldn't make it mac compatible too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well I'm stuck. Found a PC (I have a Mac) downloaded the update only for my medianav to tell me it was an invalid package. Changed the model if media nav and downloaded the other package and got the same thing.

Thinking of just giving up and using what i have. Irritating though and the medianav support guys are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all very much for your comments and help, I have now managed to get it working and it's smashing.For those of you still trying a word of advice.

Once you have put the usb back into your car it is not very obvious that post code is now available it only comes up when you go to add town.

Works perfectly once you have it sussed.

Is anyone else finding that fuel economy seems no different with eco on or off ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Elloise said:
Is anyone else finding that fuel economy seems no different with eco on or off ?

Eco is better used when at cruising speed with cruise control on......around town Eco can be counterproductive as people tend to overcompensate for the lack of power...........thats my theory anyway!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts