Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A feature that I tried in Polish but wasn't impressed with it!! Yet another feature that I haven't set up to be honest, but will need to for the mobile phone.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, personnaly I tried it in both english and french, but in either the little imps in the R-link box are equally reluctantto catch my drift.

·
Registered
824 Posts
My Mrs says I talk "Gibberish"..at the best of times.....I couldn't find this language on the Medianav menus............I maybe better with Klingon!!

Have I missed a trick here are we talking R Link speak ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mrs F called me today using voice control, it worked first time for her, she said its because I have a 'northern' accent' that 'she' doesn't understand me unfortunately......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Weirdest thing is she understands when I'm using the Tom Tom but not the phone book for my husband it's the opposite! Haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have theCAPTURDynamique MediaNav ENERGY dCi 90 Stop & Start. Can you tell me if this model has voice control??- I do not have the R Link.My last Renault had this feature but I cannot find out if the Captur has it - Any help welcome :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
BetteD said:
I have theCAPTURDynamique MediaNav ENERGY dCi 90 Stop & Start. Can you tell me if this model has voice control??- I do not have the R Link.My last Renault had this feature but I cannot find out if the Captur has it - Any help welcome :)
Voice Control are r-link function, activating with button on steering wheel. MediaNav and simple radio versions are without this button and without function

·
Registered
741 Posts
By the time you've told it where you want to go and selected destination 2 or 3; after a few attempts, you may as well have just typed it in.

I've never found a voice control system on any car to be any good, it's a gimmick pure and simple.

The other day in a MediaNav equipped Captur I received a text from my daughter, I asked for it to be read out and then I composed and spoke a reply, which it took word for word including a "x" at the end, all on the first go; would it send it after I said "send" would it ****, after three or four goes it gave up and closed the text down.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
Voice-operated phone would be better, by the sound of it.
I love the stories of texts being read out when people are applying for jobs, and a response comes in saying something along the lines of "Thanks for your CV", and the voice system takes over, converts to roman numerals and says "Thanks for your hundred and fifty" !
Almost as bad as reading out texts from my younger daughter ending in "X" which gets transposed similarly to "Ten"

Edited by: IvorETower

1 - 19 of 19 Posts