Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody and Happy New Year. I wish all enjoying to the maximum many many miles/kms Capturing. ..

I've just ordered a Captur from the ones waiting in customs, (here in Athens, Greece) delivery due in 15 working days. It will be a 1.5 dci 90 hp diesel, Dynamique with Navmed, Black on Black with silver 17" alloys.

No way to order an armrest yet and I am already actively looking for an after market one and for replacement speakers.

Does any one have any idea what size of speakers the captur has and any suggestion for an online site to order the stock armrest? Also any help for retrofitting a parking camera would be great!

I downloaded the manual and googled but could not find any info

Thank You...

Edited by: plinakos

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi plinakos, and welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy your Captur, you certainly have lots of ideas on customising it. Mine is a standard factory built Captur, so I cannot help you on retro fitting equipment. But if it has been done someone on here will help. I know we have one or two car hifi experts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks Crossbow.

Nice to hear encouraging comments about my potential car. I am downsizing from a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 petrol 170 hp (with reverse camera and a Rockford Fosgate sound system :)) which I had to give away, having only 37.000 kms on it.

I like a lot the Captur, however I am still wondering how different will be in driving power, comfort and handling, since it has different technical specifications than my previous one. (lower hp, drum breaks in the rear, and a rear axle instead of a multi-link rear suspension). I had only the opportunity to test drive it in city conditions not in a highway and in the French forum I read some bad critics about it!

So till to take it on the road, I have to live with the experience of other owners!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Plinakos, you will notice a big difference if you're expecting the 0.9 to pull like your Outlander!! It won't...1.5 diesel for economy, 0.9 for town driving and 1.2 for a litte more speed and smooth auto box!
If you had bought the R link then you would not need to upgrade the sound system as it's excellent and you just add the reversing camera to the package. If you have the option of a model with that, it is well worthwhile.
As for handling, it is good but hates rough, uneven roads. I'm sorry but I am not convinced you will be happy with the 0.9 unit after such a big petrol engine...There will be a big difference..but you will save om fuel!!
Hope this helps...I really like the Captur, as it suits my needs!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ythsie,

I am expecting the 1.5 dci 90 hp diesel manual transmission. Although the torque is close to the Outlander with less weight, (220 /1.170 against 230 / 1670), I do wait less punch, acceleration and speed. I will live with this. Handling safety and comfort even to ugly roads is my main concern!

When you say it hates rough roads what does this mean? having strange and dangerous reactions?

As for sound, unfortunately no R Link option here and the test car seemed to need some speaker upgrade, at least to my ears!

Yes, I will save big in fuel and also big in yearly road taxes!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Speakers are similar to Clio with improved bass response. You can google Clio information on this! Also there's a sheet you can download on this!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tyrfelin.

Clio speakers seem to be 135 mm in diameter (5.25 "). Should I assume that Capture has 165 mm (6.5") speakers? Thus the better bass response. I will check with dealer for Captur (if they are aware)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As for the ride....it is hard on rough, bumpy or concrete roads. The car handles well on normal roads and bends and reacts like a normal hatchback even though it's taller..
A great car in diesel, very economical.... although it lacks top power!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ythsie said:
As for the ride....it is hard on rough, bumpy or concrete roads. The car handles well on normal roads and bends and reacts like a normal hatchback even though it's taller..
A great car in diesel, very economical.... although it lacks top power!
Well, we will sacrifice some comfort if we decide to explore some places! Top power can be achieved later on (when the local 3-year warranty expires) with a tuning chip-box (around 480 euros). Horsepower can be lifted to 118/120 hp and torque to 280 reducing fuel consumption around 10%!!!

The K9K diesel engine can very easily accommodate 115 hp and 240 torque, according to its specs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tyrfelin said:
Wouldn't hold my breath regarding dealers but there are some reviews on the internet that might help!
Oh well!!! Same problem all around! I was keep asking how the diesel filter regenerates and all said that it needs around 10 mins speeding above 80 kms!

Renault site says that it has a seventh beck to inject fuel directly the FAP filter and regeneration can be done just above 12 miles per hour!!!

Another point in favor of Renault over the competition which is underestimated. Many other cars are stalled often, if they move a lot around town in traffic conditions and they may need special filter cleaning!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TC Eddy said:
Welcome Plinakos enjoy your Captur when you have it!
Thanks a lot Eddy! Good point...

I should stop worry about it now... The order has been given, so...

Amor Fati ""“ ""Love Your Fate""�, which is in fact your life.""�

""•
Friedrich Nietzsche

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tyrfelin said:
Ha ha - if you are going less than 12 mph maybe should get a bicycle!!!!
haha... hope that fuel prices will not enforce this!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts