Renault Captur Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
Some Renault garages are a disgrace to the brand but Renault don't seem to care. Others are absolutely brilliant like my local one. As suggested, find another one if there is one nearby. What area are you in as forum members may be able to suggest a good dealer in your area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve hadn’t captur for 3 months and done 400 miles. The auto on/off is often disabled due to battery. With lockdown I’ve done little driving.

yesterdayi got a amber warning saying electrical fault, the engine cut off then restarted. It did this twice but each time it ran its normal checks that happen when I start the car then said it was ok. Then later that day it flashed up red engine failure and stopped but started back up fine. The messages all disappeared.

phoned the garage this morning who suggested I try it today and it was ok so they think battery but can’t get me in for a week. I need the car. Is it realistic that the battery is just not getting opportunity to charge due to short journeys?
I’ve a long drive tomorrow and a bit concerned
I have exactly the same issue. New car, same cutting out and restarting..did you get this resolved? I don’t want this car anymore!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whatever is wrong, you should contact Renault Customer Relations. Ask them to tell the garage to give you a decent courtesy car while this is sorted. Also try a different Renault garage . I have had the experience where I took my car to a particular garage three times only to be told there was nothing wrong and what I was experiencing was 'normal'. I took it to another garage where there was a decent technician who spotted the fault immediately. I've even got money from Renault when my satnav was faulty and couldn’t use it.
Whatever is wrong, you should contact Renault Customer Relations. Ask them to tell the garage to give you a decent courtesy car while this is sorted. Also try a different Renault garage . I have had the experience where I took my car to a particular garage three times only to be told there was nothing wrong and what I was experiencing was 'normal'. I took it to another garage where there was a decent technician who spotted the fault immediately. I've even got money from Renault when my satnav was faulty and couldn’t use it.
I’m having exactly the same problems, my car is coming up to 6months old, problems started after 3weeks. Seems like it is a fault with the car and it needs Renault to look into it then a a recall to sort
It out. I have had numerous other faults, my engine cover was falling off. Had RAC to sort it they took it off and told me to go back to the garage. Wouldn’t tow it in case it fell of on the way. Tool it to the garage who couldn’t fix it as there was a large plastic part that was missing. They couldn’t order it as that Friday they were stopping there franchise with Renault. So still have the cover in my hallway. Renault UK were good and told me to get a second opinion. I am a domiciliary carer and have just come to a halt with getting things sorted as I have to drive a garage a lot farther away, When I am home I want a rest from driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m having exactly the same problems, my car is coming up to 6months old, problems started after 3weeks. Seems like it is a fault with the car and it needs Renault to look into it then a a recall to sort
It out. I have had numerous other faults, my engine cover was falling off. Had RAC to sort it they took it off and told me to go back to the garage. Wouldn’t tow it in case it fell of on the way. Tool it to the garage who couldn’t fix it as there was a large plastic part that was missing. They couldn’t order it as that Friday they were stopping there franchise with Renault. So still have the cover in my hallway. Renault UK were good and told me to get a second opinion. I am a domiciliary carer and have just come to a halt with getting things sorted as I have to drive a garage a lot farther away, When I am home I want a rest from driving.
Interesting! I’ve never been told get a second opinion. Both Arnold Clark and Renault won’t even discuss my fault! They clearly think if they ignore me for long enough I’ll go away!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting! I’ve never been told get a second opinion. Both Arnold Clark and Renault won’t even discuss my fault! They clearly think if they ignore me for long enough I’ll go away!
I have so many faults. Stop start has only worked twice. Car failed to start, amber dashboard message, check vehicle. Media Centre dropped out completely when driving, amongst other things. I have now contacted the finance company and they are investigating it for me. Car booked in for the beginning of Dec.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have so many faults. Stop start has only worked twice. Car failed to start, amber dashboard message, check vehicle. Media Centre dropped out completely when driving, amongst other things. I have now contacted the finance company and they are investigating it for me. Car booked in for the beginning of Dec.
Oh let me know how you get on! Out of interest is it Renault finance?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts