Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my captur today, reading through the paperwork in the handover booklet, there are some printed sheets showing service intervals and warranty details,

At the top of the first page it shows when the warranties expire, it says the warranty expires 11th may 2017- thats 3 years not 4? Is this an error on the dealers part?

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Haven't got mine yet - I'd check with the dealer if I were you.....

Unless it's a three year manufacturers warranty with the fourth dealer being dealer supplied?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Capturman_Peter said:
Haven't got mine yet - I'd check with the dealer if I were you.....

Unless it's a three year manufacturers warranty with the fourth year being dealer supplied?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think you will find you have got 4 yrs cover.i had the same thoughts until I checked thro and found it is 4 yrs .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hicky said:
I think you will find you have got 4 yrs cover.i had the same thoughts until I checked thro and found it is 4 yrs .[/QUOTE

does yours show 3 years in the dates too then?

·
Registered
741 Posts
They are probably printing the warranty sheet from the wrong programme on Renault's system that all dealers have access too.

There is a system called "ICM" this gives a breakdown of the spec of the car, engine number, warranty work done, warranty period, whether there is a service plan or not,etc and when Renault's hada 3 year warranty the warranty sheets were printed from there, however when the 4 year warranty came in even though ICM showed a 4 year warranty for some reason when the sheet was printed it showed a three year warranty; and still does.

There is another programme where we now print these from and it will show a 4 year warranty.

if you want PM me with achassis number and your e-mail and I will download one off the other programme and e-mail it to you.
Edited by: HTP99

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HTP99 said:
They are probably printing the warranty sheet from the wrong programme on Renault's system that all dealers have access too.

There is a system called "ICM" this gives a breakdown of the spec of the car, engine number, warranty work done, warranty period, whether there is a service plan or not, etc and when Renault's had a 3 year warranty the warranty sheets were printed from there, however when the 4 year warranty came in even though ICM showed a 4 year warranty for some reason when the sheet was printed it showed a three year warranty; and still does.

There is another programme where we now print these from and it will show a 4 year warranty.

if you want PM me with a chassis number and your e-mail and I will download one off the other programme and e-mail it to you.
[/QUOTE

thanks very much iv just spoke to the guy I was dealing with and he echoed what you have said- hes a used salesman normally so "isnt up to date with procedure" apparently. So hes apologised & is emailing me the new documents over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts