Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just purchased 2019 Catur auto from Renault dealer. Warranty not mentioned. Can I register for any remaining manufactures warranty or do I need to look elsewhere?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had email from Renault saying my warranty expires later this month, when the car is 2 years old. Giving me opportunity to pay for extended warranty! I think this is a try on as the My Renault app gives me a further year!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The car should have a full 3 years warranty from the date of registration , When a vehicle is sold or otherwise transferred, the manufacturer warranty follows the vehicle and not the owner. ... If the manufacturer offers a longer warranty, the balance of the remainder automatically transfers to the new owner after the sale of the vehicle.

Phone a main dealership and check

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dick, exactly my view. No way am I falling for this! Even my Renault app says the warranty is good for a further 12 months. A definite try-on!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine's a 2017 and still covered. Check out the Vasco da Gama Renault website in Lagos. Don't freak out over the costs.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I suspect the warranties are an agreement between the manufacturer and the franchisees in the country. Part of the pricing structure and need to make a profit. I'll find out. My SIL works for BMW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts