Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put these pics up to show what a Captur looks like after two days having been jet washed!!! This is after having mud flaps fitted to the front. Now tell me that the rear defuser on the rear arches works to keep the rear screen clean!! I would point out that we have only had light rain....not like Wales Tyrfelin!!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wow thats mucky roads you have Ythsie,I could drive round for over 2 weeks in uk in bad weather and not get that much dirt on it,I think someone is pulling you about the "diffuser" on the rear wheel arch trim......I always thought it was for a place to affix the rear mudflaps to, to be just underneath them,I dont know how something so low down could have an effect on the high up rear screen,bustle backed cars will always attract dirt to the rear screen as they create an eddy just behind it that makes any dirt fix easier.

·
Registered
588 Posts
thats pretty much how mine looks most of the time....but the inside is spotless

just noticed this item on ebay...no idea what its for but it looks like some kind of deflector for front and rear doors... or its just something that looks "cool" but since im not i have no idea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARBON-FIBER-UNIVERSAL-SIDE-SKIRTS-APRONS-CANARDS-FLIPPERS-SPLITTERS-RENAULT-/271318656485?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARenault%7CModel%3ACaptur&hash=item3f2bda25e5

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did say it was a problem....

Bigbadtony I think those deflectors would collect even more stones! Ugly,expensive add ons!!

Frosty and TC there's always so much sandy soil/grit around! That's why I powerwash her nearly all of the time as using a sponge here would result in swirl marks on the paintwork.

Thosw little deflectors/diffusers can't have anything to do with mudflaps as they're on the trim above the wheel arch! There are small flaps on the bodywork before the rear wheels but they are too short to serve as anything other than deflectors for water going onto the tyres.

Anyway, you can see that the front mudflaps prevent stones and mud getting into the channel at the front of the doors....now we need to wait and see someone who gets mudflaps fitted to the rear!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll clingfilm you I think!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts