Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question for a change..lol!

Have any of you found it difficult to wash the black plastics on your car?
I wash it in the car wash using the soaping and hose wash and honestly I can't seem to get rid of the dirt on the plastics...I have to use a soft brush as even a sponge does not shift the sand/grit that accumalates on the plastics...Have you had the same problem?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi Ythsie you may recall my post about car wax and I mentioned Turtle Wax Ice as a paintwork and external plastic trim protector.........I have only applied this wax the once and I have not had anything stick to my plastic sills etc at all........it works well......... they still look as good as they did when I picked it up!
And it leaves no chalky deposits either!........worth a try!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you heard of ENJO? It's an Austria product that has gone worldwide. They are a selection of cloths, each for their own purpose. You get a kitchen glove, bathroom glove, outdoor glove etc. This brings me to my point... they do a car kit. My friends mum is an ENJO consultant here in Scotland and it is fantastic!! They are made of a special fibre and all you use to clean the car is cold water and the glove!! I know, it sounds absolutely ridiculous and I didn't believe it but I absolutely cannot fault it. We all use it on our cars and I've never seen them so shiny. I have bought my own kit and am excited to use it on my Captur (when I finally get it)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alasdair...Fit magic cloots loon?..A wee bit expensive..from what I have sussed oot? I hope you keep her inside to keep the salty air awa from her!! Just as well yer nae in the Broch!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Haven't washed ours yet - we've had it for 5 weeks and it still looks good. Do you think Renault are using Teflon coatings on them! By the way ours is ivory with a black roof.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haha lovely to see some doric on the Forum! Och i ken, definitely glad I'm nae a brocher. But honestly, I was so sceptical about ENJO (especially for the price) but the results are ridiculous!! Especially on alloys, its impossible to believe its only water. PS: I am not employed by ENJO haha

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yer doin a grand sellin pitch though!! Commission I bet!!!
What a price!! Yed need a bottle o the best malt tae go with it!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts