Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch out for the increase in your car insurance

Although some good companies have offered refunds due to people not using their cars during lock down the bad ones have not.

Due to many companies claiming on their loss of income policies, some insurances are trying to recover their losses from all policies, this includes car insurance.

My company have tried to load mine with a £40 increase even though people are doing less mileage and others reducing premiums.

I switched companies

Please note most policies renew automatically so be warned

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My insurance company increased my premium by about £20. I tried all the comparison sites but the savings were so small it was not worth the hassle of renewing with another company. Complete rip off.

·
Super Moderator
2,454 Posts
I'm insured through a broker. Queried a reduction in premium with them over a month ago saying that my car was SORN'd due to the virus and not needing it..... far from a reduction they were talking about a charge to change the terms, and then another to change it back when I wanted to re-start using the car. Damned cheek! It's off the public highway in a locked garage.

I understand that from 19 May, the insurer's Trade Body recommended that no charges are made to customers requesting a change in insurance conditions, however it appears that they do not have to follow the guidance.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Heads they win, tails you lose. This country desperately needs consumer protection laws that actually work in consumers interests

1 - 5 of 5 Posts