Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anybody had noticed any water beneath their Captur's?

I have the 1.5 DCI model which I have owned for about 5 weeks and the last couple of days I have noticed a very small amount of water on my drive when I move the car. Today it looked like small drips as I was backing off my drive so I looked beneath my car the best I could and their seems to be a small drip coming from what looked like a small rubber pipe that looked to me like an overflow pipe.

I'm guessing that it is something to do with the air conditioning system the manual does say something about it being normal for water to form from condensation but that says after prolonged use.

The water has no smell to it that I can detect.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
921 Posts
That happened to me one day but then nothing Nothing detected since
It can happened when the air con has been on But non the wiser soz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate I've done a bit of internet reading and it seems it is normal to see droplets of water from cars fitted with air con, this is only my second car with air con and being so new I was worried it might be something nasty and expensive!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Muchofmuchness,Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of help and information for the novice Captur owner here.

I suspect that what you are noticing is the result of condensation from the Air Conditioning unit, and is quite normal.

If you are concerned then check the fluid levels under the bonnet, i.e. water and brake fluid levels.

Also as you may already know. The exhaust system can produce water in the early stages of a journey, so this could be another source of fluid. Though as you have observed it emanating from pipe under the car, it is most likely the A/C condensation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Crossbow, yeah I've crawled as far beneath the car as I can and there is a small rubber pipe where the water is coming from. From what you have said and what I have read on another car forum it is condensation from the air conditioning.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
863 Posts
the air con is like a small fridge so what happens when turned of it is just condensation.used to have it on my focus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tyrfelin and Hicky The only other car I had with Air Con was an old Jaguar XJS and that had so many leaks I never noticed the air con dripped water!

Thanks for all the replies I've only had the car 5 weeks but have already drove from the Midlands to the Isle of Wight in it and loved it. The Captur is a great car.

·
Registered
921 Posts
muchofmuchness said:
Thanks Tyrfelin and Hicky The only other car I had with Air Con was an old Jaguar XJS and that had so many leaks I never noticed the air con dripped water!

Thanks for all the replies I've only had the car 5 weeks but have already drove from the Midlands to the Isle of Wight in it and loved it. The Captur is a great car.

Really great to hear you are enjoying you wonderful Captur

What have you got colour wise

Have you taken any photos ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi LynG I bought a 1.5 dCi Dynamique Medianav in Arizona with Black roof. I used to have a Fiat Panda which had a high driving position for a little car. I looked at a Clio first of all but after shopping around got a great deal on a diesel Captur that I couldn't resist. I love the high driving position in the Captur and its chunky feel. Before I went to the Isle of Wight I had only seen two on the road, on the Island I saw four in a few days of each other.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Great choice and totally agree with your discription

I have had my Captur 13 weeks and only seen five or is it six not many at all
What great colour have you got ?

Lyn

·
Registered
55 Posts
As I was walking back to my car, I saw fluid dripping quite fast from underneath the bonnet. If it hadn't bn for this forum I would have went into a little panic and took car straight to garage. This is second car I've had with air con and have never noticed this happening before. So I just wanted to say THANK YOU.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The first car I had with air con did this. The passenger window also jammed open, so I took it back the local Suzuki dealer. The water was condensation from the air con and the jammed window was because I had locked it in the open position.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Like most of the other replies you've had this almost certainly ic the air con unit. I've seen this over the years with a variety of cars. Enjoy your Captur.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Natural air con drip..
but it's good to ask!Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, can I just say how relieved I am to read the information on here. I just noticed water under my car today, and to see that it is the aircon system was a big relief. Thank god for people who know about cars cos I was concerned. Many thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Could be worse.... younger daughter noticed the same on her old Fiesta a couple of weeks ago, opened bonnet to check for leaks and had to call the RAC out to close the bonnet again as she couldn't get it to shut (and yes, it was water from the aircon on her car)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Over the years we've had people appear at our door telling us they've noticed our cars are 'leaking' as they've walked past the end of the drive.Amazing how many people don't know this is perfectly normal for cars with aircon.
The hotter or more humid the day is, the worse the puddle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts