Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water in passenger rear footwell and under car
Please help. Moved from vauxhall to Renault Captur last October . Love the car and all has been fine until last couple of weeks. Passenger side rear footwell was soaking wet, soaked a book that had fallen on the floor. Removed the plug under the car and water flowed out, everything dried out so figured a door/window had maybe been left open. car just serviced and MOT beginning of the week and all fine. Today after being parked for 10 minutes or so I noticed water on the ground again. Footwell isn't wet this time . It's not the AC as I know where that pipe is. It's definitely clear odourless water...

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Please check spare tyre boot area as well. Husband's Capture suddenly developed major issue with seals ending with water in the boot and rear footwell. It took garage three goes until they found where the problem was. Initially Renault refused to sort it out as it was two weeks out of warranty but after promising to bring the car outside HQ with loudspeakers and large notices, they sorted it out "as a gesture of goodwill" - meaning "We will do it, just to get rid of you"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thank you for the reply. I have done alot of reading about it so had checked the boot and it's all dry... It's all making me paranoid as just can't solve it. What was the cause for your issue ? Mines is a 63 plate so although it's 2nd hand, it's new to me since last October .

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi thank you for the reply. I have done alot of reading about it so had checked the boot and it's all dry... It's all making me paranoid as just can't solve it. What was the cause for your issue ? Mines is a 63 plate so although it's 2nd hand, it's new to me since last October .

'63 reg, rear door seals. Hubby has spare wheel in the boot; car went in for service and garage completed paperwork claiming they checked all tyres. Husband replacing his bits and bobs back into the car on return from garage and called me to try and help figure out why is rear footwell soaking wet. We looked all around and eventually opened tyre well; horrified to find wheel sitting full depth in water. First reaction was to call dealer and call them scammers and liars as they claimed to have checked the tyre depth - and did not notice all the water?! Second was to get them to try and sort it out and find out where the water was coming in. As the car was two weeks out of warranty they asked for Renault to authorise works. Initially, Renault were unwilling to agree to it. I then wrote to CEO and promised to turn up outside Renault HQ with large notices and loudspeaker explaining to all and sundry about their attitude and manufacturing quality and miraculously they agreed to do the works. I think it helped that I offered them the name of domestic appliances shop in Cornwall who sold me a faulty washing machine 40 or so years ago, would not honour warranty and learned not to aggravate me.
Upshot is that it did turn out to be door seals but they had to keep testing it with high pressure water hoses.
Open the boot and run your hands along the back edge of the boot rim; you will feel two areas where you can put your fingers into holes (it will almost feel as if you should be at the back of light fittings). Check if there is any water here.
Hope it gets resolved soon, mysteries drive you mad, don't they? They do me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I wondered, had someone look at them and they seem.ok so I'm stumped . Got it booked into garage next week and see what they say. Thank you though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry think I've replied to the wrong thread..forgive me lol...I'm new to this !
I'll have a look at that too. I lifted the false boot bit and stick my hand down to the spare wheel and felt around and it's dry . If I drive with the plug thing under the car off it seems ok so I'm actually wondering if the plug thing isn't flush and possibly water getting pushed up as I drive in rain (live in Scotland so plenty days like that and can't get out and then rises and rises until over a period of time builds up to the footwell. Yup I hate a mystery too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was? I've just noticed my rear left side passengers foot-well is soaking wet, no idea where the water has come from! and isnt really drying out! where is this plug that is under the car??

Water in passenger rear footwell and under car
Please help. Moved from vauxhall to Renault Captur last October . Love the car and all has been fine until last couple of weeks. Passenger side rear footwell was soaking wet, soaked a book that had fallen on the floor. Removed the plug under the car and water flowed out, everything dried out so figured a door/window had maybe been left open. car just serviced and MOT beginning of the week and all fine. Today after being parked for 10 minutes or so I noticed water on the ground again. Footwell isn't wet this time . It's not the AC as I know where that pipe is. It's definitely clear odourless water...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts