Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, when I open the rear doors of my Captur, and its been raining, water is running down the inner door frame. it's not actually getting inside the car but if my wife or passengers were getting in they could get their clothes wet. I've told Renault about this and they said this was normal but I have never experienced anything like this with any other car. Has anyone else noticed this problem.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Firstly are you Philip Schofield ? as he is the only Silver fox I know lol
One or two people have mentioned grit getting into the door cill not so much water

·
Registered
824 Posts
Give the area inside the door opening a wipe over with a wax.........the water will run out better then!

·
Registered
921 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Give the area inside the door opening a wipe over with a wax.........the water will run out better then!

Great idea

What type ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Vatican secret papers sealing Wax ??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi i have the same problem with water on the sills and have running boards fitter so water not coming up from the wheels and along the lower door and on the cill will be looking at mud flap to see if that helps over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just washed mine and the water does collect around every inside door frame/sills etc. It also gets dusty in there so I wipe them dry and they then gleam.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Keith, the mudflaps do help...but it's still a design fault... as I posted originally on this topic..
Norfolkgirl you're right and the only remedy is the one you have just mentioned.Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm having a little problem with the plastic underbumper 'strengtheners' as they arw held on by two screws and glue!!!....which not surprisingly has given way to the water splashing on them when going from A to B.
Both are holding on ok still, but are looking unsightly with gaps between the bodywork and them...I will be expecting a 'FIX' when it goes in for its first service in October.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem to report, are they going to be a major problem in the future? ie rust bucket
door sills, omg; will I sleep sound ever again !

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Exactly....needing tender loving care to prevent rhat!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts