Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed these problems and found a remedy...<ul>[*]wet carpets front and rear with terrible condensation on windscreen and condensation in the rear light clusters...[/list]

Here are a list of my other moans about my Captur:
<ul>[*]squeaking rear passenger side seat[*]engine getting noisy (I have a 0.9 tce petrol Dynamique sat-nav r-link[*]headlight dipped beam insufficient[*]windscreen washer pressure pitiful[*]volume control on radiointermittentlydoesn'tcontrol the volume[*]intermittently rear camera on reverse flickers so fast you cant see picture[/list]Funky car but really disappointed with build quality...

·
Registered
924 Posts
You have quite a list there. I strongly suggest that you contact your dealer and discuss the problems with them.
Whilst the forum is a good place to help understand and track down issues. It looks like the forum would not be in a position to offer direct help to all your problems.

The quicker you contact the dealer, the quicker the issues will be resolved.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would suggest that your car has a leak. I would have suggested sunroof, which has been common with Renault over the years, but clearly not the case here.

It could be any number of places, radio aerial is another favourite.

As above, get it back to the dealer ASAP

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
Radio volume is a known issue. Apparently it often reverts to just adjusting the volume of satnav announcements rather than the radio

·
Registered
924 Posts
Its interesting what you say about the volume adjuster, IvorETower. The volume paddles will adjust whichever item on the infotainment system is running at the time. For instance, if there is a sat nav direction announcement, the volume control will adjust the sat nav volume. It there is a traffic announcement the volume controls will adjust that. This way each item on the infotainment system has its own volume control.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
crossbow said:
The volume paddles should adjust whichever item on the infotainment system is running at the time.
FYP; I'm only reporting what I have read elsewhere - that even when the radio is on, sometimes the volume buttons are affecting the satnav volume and not the radio volume

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dealer promptly!! Too many issues that you should not have...unfortunstely....
Certainly a leak...adjustment on dipped beam...washers are bad on all of them...slight adjustment, but they are set like that on the wipers and surprisingly DO work ok....but I agree are weak.
No such problems with R link...adjustment for volume on sat nav done seperately.
The rest, as I say, DEALER!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sorry Scotslyn I have been lucky enough not to have witnessed any of these problems. My Captur is one of the best made "new" cars I have ever bought. I once had a new Ford Saphire 1.8GL that had miss mathed boot and bonnet panels and central locks that went into cycle mode whenever I locked the doors with the key. I had a new Fiat Punto elx that blew its right side brake light bulb every couple of weeks. My new Fiat Bravo had its sports skirts split from the sills within a day of collection. And on and on.
My captur is sooperb.

Hope you resolve your probs soonish, but I think its a "wrong un" rather than a generic problem.

·
Registered
168 Posts
On the washers, is it pressure or just that they are aimed too low?

If you open the bonnet, you will find a slot for a screwdriver in the side of the washer jet body. This can be used to rotate the jets.

It's a PITA because you have to close the bonnet every time to test your adjustment

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Scottishlynne we've had masses of rain over the last few months but ours is absolutely dry.BUT I've got to say SHAME ON YOUR DEALER for not sorting your problems! Tut tut!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my radio was on and I put it into reverse so camera came on .... it wouldnt allow me to change volume of radio...camera has no requirement for volume...

·
Registered
215 Posts
does sound like a leak
is the condensation caused possibly by having the air recirculation switched on , this causes my volvo to mist up very quickly
i always set the air direction to the footwells at night this diverts any cold air that might enter the car away from the windows and makes a difference in the morning
out of interest who is the dealer ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi scottishlynne
My wife's capture has the same problem with wet floor and has been at the dealership since Tuesday 6th may which is now the third time Renault has tried to find out where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
921 Posts
scottishlynne said:
Has anyone else noticed these problems and found a remedy...<ul>[*]wet carpets front and rear with terrible condensation on windscreen and condensation in the rear light clusters...[/list]

Here are a list of my other moans about my Captur:
<ul>[*]squeaking rear passenger side seat[*]engine getting noisy (I have a 0.9 tce petrol Dynamique sat-nav r-link[*]headlight dipped beam insufficient[*]windscreen washer pressure pitiful[*]volume control on radiointermittentlydoesn'tcontrol the volume[*]intermittently rear camera on reverse flickers so fast you cant see picture[/list]Funky car but really disappointed with build quality...

Edited by: LynG

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
The Captur is not perfect, it doesn't have a water temperature gauge for one thing, like many new models these days..... cost-cutting gone too far IMHO. In the past 2 years water temperature gauges have alerted me to problems looming in my own car,that of my wife and that of younger daughter.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts