Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a week in Keswick. About 150 miles on A66 M6 and M56 back to North Wales did about 71mpg on way back. Last saturday when we went up we did a little better suprising as the Captur was well laden with holibob stuff.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What speed did you try to stick to. Were you in eco mode. Did you reset it just before you set off.
Was the Air con on or off. Are you fully run in yet -what is your total mileage now.
Sorry for all the questions. I'm a bit stuck on 66 MPG at the moment. I have not reset since delivery.
Fantastic MPG.

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used eco, (dont usually) as it was the longest run Ive done yet. Left the air con off (light on) But had the temp set at 20two dost on the fan set to middle flow. Stop start on. Reset before we set off going and returning. Our total mileage is about 7750 now. We did about 400 miles in total on our trip but the distance to Keswick from home is about 150. Speed was between 60-70. Tookunder 3hrs there pretty much same back.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I do hope I can get that sort of mpg when I get my Captur.
Have a Nissan Note dci at present and get 55-60mpg with this car so here's hoping!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thewhiteball said:
I used eco, (dont usually) as it was the longest run Ive done yet. Left the air con off (light on) But had the temp set at 20two dost on the fan set to middle flow. Stop start on. Reset before we set off going and returning. Our total mileage is about 7750 now. We did about 400 miles in total on our trip but the distance to Keswick from home is about 150. Speed was between 60-70. Tookunder 3hrs there pretty much same back.
Seem to be doing much the same as yourself, except that I tend not to go much faster than 56 mph (boring I know). My air con has generally been set to off, however, it has been used lately in the warm weather. Drive with quite a light foot, so I can only think that it is because my car has only done just over 2000 miles.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can assure you mine is completeley genuine. But I wouldnt mind yours thats for certain.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hang on Ive just sussed your photo. It is mine. Nice one lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have my Captur yet so don't know how accurate it's readings are, but cars I have had in the past have over-read by as much as 6-8 mpg.
Has anybody checked the readings compared with working out the true mpg for themselves.
I normally fill the tank completely and when I refill to full tank again note the miles to get a true reading.
Or, use Fuelly which is very quick and easy.
In the past, the most accurate car I've had was a Megane, so hopefully the Captur will be the same.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But it does prove your point. Nice one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
awq .. reset it (hold down up and down button on the end of your display selector stick) and then see what you get..

i reset mine a week or so ago and i'm getting a much better average .. and for gods sake get up to 70mph! : )

·
Registered
428 Posts
Vegas5000 said:
awq .. reset it (hold down up and down button on the end of your display selector stick) and then see what you get..

i reset mine a week or so ago and i'm getting a much better average .. and for gods sake get up to 70mph! : )
Think I may try resetting the Average MPG. It just seems a bit stuck at 66 mpg at the moment. Even when I have a long run on a motorway (in eco mode, air con off, doing a steady 56mph), the average is not going up.

·
Registered
921 Posts
awq said:
Vegas5000 said:

Think I may try resetting the Average MPG. It just seems a bit stuck at 66 mpg at the moment. Even when I have a long run on a motorway (in eco mode, air con off, doing a steady 56mph), the average is not going up.
66mpg on the motorway come on awq you can do better than that I know

·
Registered
428 Posts
Vegas5000 said:

70 MPH !!! what, and loose all those extra MPG - no chance.

Like sitting in lane 1, watching everybody trying to commit hari kari in lane 3.

56 mph and no faster

·
Registered
863 Posts
awg at least your not one of those morons that sit in the middle lane frightened to go in or out.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Don't you just hate those lane hogs.
What I hate even more though are the morons who think that lane 3 is for the fastest car rather than for overtaking

1 - 20 of 25 Posts