Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The test team at WhatCar? magazine have taken on a Captur as one of their long term test staff cars.

<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

Should be an interesting read over the coming months. You can read their introduction here:http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/our-cars-renault-captur/266168

We kept the charcoal interior fairly restrained, picking piano black accents rather than orange, and resisted the flamboyant detailing offered on the steering wheel and seats. On the other hand, we did want the stylish exterior to stand out, so chose Arizona orange metallic paint (£595), a Diamond Black roof and gloss black accents around the sills, bumper and bootlid. The interior and exterior accents, as well as the painted roof, come as a style pack costing £550.

Standard features on every Captur include cruise control, four airbags, a radio/CD system with Bluetooth, aux-in and USB connections, front and rear electric windows and 16-inch alloy wheels.

To get all the kit we wanted, we chose Dynamique MediaNav trim, which includes climate control, keyless entry and push-button start; an integrated seven-inch colour touch-screen infotainment system with satellite-navigation, leather-covered steering wheel and gearlever, and 17-inch alloy wheels.

Our trim level also marks the entry point for the removable seat covers that went down a storm with our readers. They're machine-washable, so should make a fruit juice spill or chocolate smudge far easier to clean from the fabric.

We went for the efficient 1.5-litre diesel engine mated to the manual gearbox. It produces 89bhp and 162lb ft of torque, for a claimed fuel economy of 76.4mpg and CO2 emissions of just 95g/km. As you'll guess, the Captur isn't a brisk car ""“ 0-62mph takes 13.1 seconds ""“ so overtaking requires forethought and a bit of work through the gears.

Initial impressions of the car are good ""“ it's certainly very stylish, and with the exception of an unsettled ride, the driving experience is generally better than its rivals offer at this price. The pedals are responsive ""“ the clutch in particular is satisfyingly meaty ""“ and it's an easy car to drive smoothly.

As I say, the Captur's official fuel economy is 76.4mpg, and, yes, trip computer averages should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but I saw 72.1mpg on my first journey. Even if the real-world economy is 10% less flattering than the read-out indicates, that would still mean more than 60mpg, which will help keep the fuel bills low for my daily 100-mile round-trip commute.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts