Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try this,
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/real-world-mpg-suvs-beat-50mpg/1216151?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=WCAR%20ENews%20Bulletin%20(14.10.2013)&utm_content=news1_headline_1.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know why it says 0 seconds, maybe because I was parked?

Here's what I got out of a Clio after driving to Islington in London and then back home on a Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can anyone tell me is it best to drive with ECO on all the time i have a 0.9 tce captur and if im right ( could be wrong ) it seems i am getting 35 to gallon?> Its my first ever Renault and had it since February this year.Thank you

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Bol d'or and myself have discussed this and tested this with my dci90. I drive with a very light throttle and found next to no difference, although someone with less experience who drives the car harder may find some advantage as the eco mode cuts down the aircon output and so saves power in that way. I really don't think the eco mode is anything to shout about.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I leave mine on all the time and mainly local short jouneys back and forth to work gives me an average of 38 mpg.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think ECO mode is a waste of time as you end up working the car harder when it is on, thus cancelling out any benefit that it allegedly gives you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's why the switch is there..it's the drivers choice! when I want that extra power just foot the pedal down and it's overiden momentarily. I haven't checked the difference in mpg with the ECO off.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Merv said:
That's why the switch is there..it's the drivers choice! when I want that extra power just foot the pedal down and it's overiden momentarily. I haven't checked the difference in mpg with the ECO off.
Try it then.
TBH, I cannot fathom why anyone would want to drive an already low-powered car on a reduced power map....

I find ECO makes the car feel like it's on some kind of limp-home mode.
So lethargic.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well so far no significant difference! still holding 38.2mpg.. re fuelled and reset everything so will continue to monitor the mpg.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried the Eco mode on my 1.5 diesel and found that the mpg did fall slightly, I put that down to living on the Pennines where I needed to drop down a gear to cancel out the loss of power in Eco. I had a similar thing with previous Juke's where sports mode was the most beneficial unless driving long distance on the motorway.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Yorkshirepudding said:
I tried the Eco mode on my 1.5 diesel and found that the mpg did fall slightly, I put that down to living on the Pennines where I needed to drop down a gear to cancel out the loss of power in Eco. I had a similar thing with previous Juke's where sports mode was the most beneficial unless driving long distance on the motorway.
I don't like sport mode in the Juke, I find it makes the throttle overly sensitive.
Normal mode is fine, ECO mode is ignored (as it is in the Captur).

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just an update...after running on ECO mode for some time decided to compare the difference with ECO switched out. Over my usual run forwards and backwards to work, local journeys; it's made a difference of 2miles per gallon.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
After reading bol d'ors post about this I tried a similar test. Similar results. But that's driving the same way as before. If you switch off eco mode and allow the revs to climb way up its a no brainer that consumption will rise

1 - 20 of 22 Posts