Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not taking out finance so I need to pay for the servicing package.

What does it include? Or most importantly what doesnt it include?

looked on website but cant find a breakdown of what id need to pay for on top.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hi soph i took out a bank loan for my car so did not take the renault finace package but i still get the 4 year free services so am surprised they have asked you to pay extra for the service package i would check with renault uk if that is correct,

·
Registered
174 Posts
graham59 said:
hi soph           i took out a bank loan for my car so did not take the renault finace package but i still get the 4 year free services so am surprised they have asked you to pay extra for the service package i would check with renault uk if that is correct, 
The four years servicing is part of the 4+ package which is the Renault finance deal.... It's available for £299 if you don't take Renaults finance.....Edited by: thecookster

·
Registered
169 Posts
think i will need to check all my paperwork to make sure i have got what i think i have although i did order my car back in august last year

·
Super Moderator
2,730 Posts
That link does not seem to work any more :-(

EDIT : Did not work for me when I clicked on it, but by copying and pasting, it works.
It does state that it is for cars purchased on Renault Finance
BUT
What is included? Just services at the end of years 1, 2 and 3 (or up to 48,000 miles), or does it include a final service for the end of the 4-year period of cover (or is the 3rd year service the last, on the basis that the 4th service is due after 4 years and one day, or at 48,001 miles?)

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
863 Posts
I was told by not having the 4 yr deal.because I did not have finance then all I would get is warranty and breakdown cover because you had to take the whole package to get the deal.????

·
Super Moderator
2,730 Posts
I'm taking my own finance out to buy my Captur so the 4-year servicing deal won't be included, but someone posted on here not that long ago that you can buythis packageup to a few months after delivery so long as the car has not already been serviced. I hope that this is true and still applies when my car eventually appears

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its £299 to purchase the servicing for 4yrs i was told today. if you arent taking finance you get the warranty and roadside assistance just not the servicing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IvorETower said:
I'm taking my own finance out to buy my Captur so the 4-year servicing deal won't be included, but someone posted on here not that long ago that you can buythis packageup to a few months after delivery so long as the car has not already been serviced. I hope that this is true and still applies when my car eventually appears

i believe you can purchase it up to the car being a year old aslong as it hasnt had a service

·
Registered
157 Posts
When I bought my captur I took finance over 3years but still got the 4 year warranty +roadside + servicing at Hylton renault Cheltenham

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just seen this. As far as I am aware the servicing pack is only available free if you take out a PCP at something like 3.9% APR. In our case we took out 4 years 0% APR as part of a 50/50 finance deal. In that case we had to pay £299 for the servicing package.

These offers are often time specific, ie they are only available as part of a promotion so it's possible such deals weren't available previously

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought mine outright as I don't do finance for anything at all and mine has the four years free servicing as well as the recovery and warranty. When did Renault change things?

·
Registered
741 Posts
When 4+ was launched 1st Feb 2012 every new retail Renault car came with:
4 years 100,000m warranty

4 years Roadside assistance

4 years 48,000m servicing

4 years finance (if required)

No matter how the car was financed the servicing element was part of the package, exclusions were fleet ordered cars but demonstrators had the full 4+ package.

Come 1st Jan 2014 (I think, I can't find the paperwork) the servicing element of 4+ was dropped unless the car was financed on the PCP called Selections and Renault introduced a4 year servicing package for £299 for cars that weren't financed on Selections.

HTH!

·
Registered
169 Posts
htp99 yes thats what i thought myself did not know the dates but when i bought mine in August 2013 i was never offered a service option as i was pretty sure the salesman saic it was in the 4plus deal, but thought maybe i had assumed without asking

·
Registered
428 Posts
The £299 option is not much of a saving on a dci engine. You only require 2 services in the 4 year period. Is seems to me that your just paying it all upfront

·
Registered
921 Posts
Do nt you get 4 years free road recovery as well which is a big saving !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts