Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks

Can anyone tell me if the Captur wheel bolts are 17mm in diameter?

I've tried measuring them with a tape and I think they are, but would like some confirmation.

I'm after some wheel bolt caps......

·
Registered
428 Posts
what for ?
what size wheels have you got and are they alloys

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are 17 inch ivory alloys - the bolts are looking a bit tired so I thought some black bolt caps would freshen them up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Been looking at mine. Now that you have pointed it out, some caps would finish it off. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've ordered some black plastic caps from Ebay for about £7 for a pack of 20. I decided on black because the locking wheel bolt is black. They are due for delivery tomorrow, so I'll post again when I've got them

·
Registered
428 Posts
Any chance of a picture when you get them. What company did you buy them from ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ebay shop is called lookgreateveryday, which appears to be a fashion shop, but they had these bolt covers for £7.70 with free delivery. They also have 100% rating. Ebay item number is 281305098889.

I'll post a picture when they are fitted.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The locking bolt is a bit darker than it looks in the picture and of course the bolt is bigger than the others.

Perhaps I need to do a bit more shopping....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Halin9 said:
Might just be the photos, but to me it looks a bit odd, 3 black and 1 grey..?
Found some locking wheel bolt caps in black on ebay - supposedly for Vauxhall Meriva/Zafira but they fit the Captur so I now have four black caps on each wheel

I'll post a picture when I get the odd moment....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Black caps on all four bolts courtesy of ebay....

Smeared a bit of petroleum jelly on the insides to make getting them off easier. The removal tool is rubbish, long nosed pliers are your friend here.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts