Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm expecting a call from my Renault dealer this Friday to say hopefully that my Captur will be ready for collection very soon(insert date) or sorry it will not be ready until September. Just curious if any other member is waiting this week for that call. Some of us will be happy ,some not. Which will it be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I placed my order 5th April, I was told end of July for the car but received a phone call a couple of days ago saying I should be able to collect Friday 27th June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That gives some hope, just got to be patient I guess. My order went in on 26 march, the last call from the dealer put the car on a ship near Southampton, they have been known to disappear between there and the dealer!

Edited by: Sando
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
You have to show some level of patience unfortunately, especially as we the customer have no control over the manufacturing/logistics aspect. The sales advisor I had phoned me every 2 weeks, there wasn't any need to swamp my phone with calls as he was fairly honest with the delivery from the start.

Mines currently sat at Southampton, it should be in Norwich from next week (Monday 23rd I believe) which is when I need to go sign some finance documents so I may even see it as I already know the VIN number and registration plate details!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,679 Posts
Mine was ordered on 27 Feb and I was sent a text message from Renault on Tuesday saying that the car should be on a ship heading across the channel to Southampton, so it should now be there.
Delivery to dealer is put at 15 July, so I don't see why it should take 4 weeks to get from the import centre to the Midlands. I have a VIN number but no reg number as yet. No finance documents to sign, but the car is being delivered to my house (would have preferred being able to collect it from Southampton but the dealer has to carry out the PDI, activate the MediaNav etc, apparently)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
You'll probably get it a lot sooner than 15th July I reckon - especially if it's in Southampton and only an hour or so away from you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
lor said:
You'll probably get it a lot sooner than 15th July I reckon - especially if it's in Southampton and only an hour or so away from you.
Never underestimate the power of Darth Renault
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
IvorETower .... *waves hand* These are not the comments you're looking for.

Peter - I'm trying to be optimistic on IvorETower's behalf - curse you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
IvorETower .............

Don't worry , he has toughened up since 27th February 2014.

He can actually smell it now - the waft of a brand new car, blowing in from the sea breeze of Southampton.

Hang on in there, it's probably just days away.

Edited by: awq
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,679 Posts
awq said:
IvorETower .............

Don't worry , he has toughened up since 27th February 2014.

He can actually smell it now - the waft of a brand new car, blowing in from the sea breeze of Southampton.

Hang on in there, it's probably just days away.
I've lost all interest in it and am picking up a 14-plate car on lease/PCP next week, for 2 years. Available from stock, I could already be driving around in it if I'd wanted to. For £70 a month it was too good to resist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been holding my breath all week.(not literally) My dealer hadn't rang by yesterday so this morning I rang him expecting to hear the bad news but he said he had a lapse of concentration and he thought my Captur had arrived at the end of the week, on the transporter delivery. As there have been reports of Capturs disappearing at dealers I asked him to physically check for me. YES it was my chasis number, pick up next Sunday. Result, now breathing easy. Hope others get good news as well.
Ivory/black 1.5Dci Dym S Edc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Sando said:
I've been holding my breath all week.(not literally) My dealer hadn't rang by yesterday so this morning I rang him expecting to hear the bad news but he said he had a lapse of concentration and he thought my Captur had arrived at the end of the week, on the transporter delivery. As there have been reports of Capturs disappearing at dealers I asked him to physically check for me. YES it was my chasis number, pick up next Sunday. Result, now breathing easy. Hope others get good news as well.
Ivory/black 1.5Dci Dym S Edc

Just as I thought!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Giving my Grand Scenic its last wash and brush up before the swap tomorrow for my NEW CAPTUR
Last week my neighbour said he had seen a Captur at the local shops, now I've seen the same one, PearlGrey,first I've seen here. Yesterday just a few miles away I saw another, Arizona. Pleased to be able to add another.
Did I mention I'm collecting my new Captur tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[8D Received my new Captur today, still reading through the manual but there's a whole day tomorrow untouched.
Everything is working! As someone on another thread said ' have I got the only one that's perfect?'
Have got to mention Bristol Street Motors Renault Derby who have been straight and delivered on time .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Ordered mine on 6th June though ordered ivory/black but car disappeared from stock, but dealer managed to find black/ivory on 12th June and collect it tomorrow
Edited by: Jublee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well done, as most posters say ,your going to love it. My family are all drooling and its the car they want next.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top