Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 capture model yen with very bad wind noise through the drivers door Renault say it is the door mirror and is normal anyone else have this problem

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't get a n excessive amount of wind noise on my 66 cappy even on motorway it's quiet.

If the mirror has been folded in are you sure it's seated properly?Edited by: Sachadog

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Don't recall any excessive wind noise in ours.Get the dealer to check the door is correctly aligning against the body when it's closing.
The door frames are very flexible (try pushing slightly against them when closed and you'll see howm easily they flex against the bodywork).
So even a slight alignment issue won't make the rubber seal properly.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello,I've just noticed your post concerning wind noise with your car , My car's wind noise which was due to the door seals being incorrectly fitted and the drivers door mirror surround not fitting correctly.
As a quick check on the driver door mirror assembly being one of the causes of wind noise I temporarily stuck a piece of tape across the inner side of the mirror where it faces the door window, you'll notice that it doesn't fit flush so place the tape there. Try the car and if most of the noise has gone there's your problem.

My car is still not too good for wind noises being insulated , but I'll not be sorting them out at the moment.

All the best from Neale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 capture model yen with very bad wind noise through the drivers door Renault say it is the door mirror and is normal anyone else have this problem
My Captur 2019 1.3L has the same problem - wind noise. From 95kph on one can hear the annoying whistle (with radio off). The dealer had replaced both channel moulding under warranty. It is still the same - even worse than before. Its going back to the dealer soon. Wait and see ......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I seem to have the same problem , the noise is hard to explain, I have noticed tho it only happens on certain roads 😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts