Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, 1st post hope it shows up ok,,,,
Ok I noticed the floors wet underneath my captur & where I've located it's coming from is the passenger side window washer, it keeps dripping after using it, is there a quick fix to stop the drip,,? Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
The washer nozzle keeps dripping? Caused,I would imagine,by expansion of water in the tube(a none return valve prevents the tube emptying between washes when reservoir has water in it). Are you sure it's not condensate from the aircon?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The washer nozzle keeps dripping? Caused,I would imagine,by expansion of water in the tube(a none return valve prevents the tube emptying between washes when reservoir has water in it). Are you sure it's not condensate from the aircon?
Hi Baldyman,,, if it is condensation from air there's alot of it coming out, leaves a big wet patch not just a small spot

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi Baldyman,,, if it is condensation from air there's alot of it coming out, leaves a big wet patch not just a small spot
That's quite normal. The aircon produces loads of condensate, which drains down a pipe onto the road.

It's just distilled (dirty) water. On a humid day you could fill a small bucket in no time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've had people tell me my car has got a leak when filling up at petrol stations such is the amount of water from the ac that drips on the floor. When following a car with ac running,whilst on my motorbike,I used to get a mist of water droplets on my visor.(good excuse for whizzing past)😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts