Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks not been on here in a while today my 63 plate window wiper decided they would stop working there is no stalk control except washing the windows and there working automatically when it's raining (not sure if that's a safety feature or not) checked the fuse and it's fine. Found this video on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Yf3jVwm3Y exactly the same problem

Cheers in advance chris

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wazzuup001 said:
Hi folks not been on here in a while today my 63 plate window wiper decided they would stop working there is no stalk control except washing the windows and there working automatically when it's raining (not sure if that's a safety feature or not) checked the fuse and it's fine. Found this video on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Yf3jVwm3Y exactly the same problem

Cheers in advance chris
Could be a faulty stalk stick switch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The after a few hours of the car sitting idle last night surprisingly everything was working as normal again. Maybe a wee glitch in the cars software.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Let's hope it stays that way. There seems to be a lot of glitches that are put right by leaving the car to reset overnight. It's a bit disturbing but not confined to these cars

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 1 year old ex demo Captur bought with 1.5k on the clock about 5mnths ago and this happened to me today!
i got home mucked about with it, turned the engine on and off and put the key card in and they started working again, but unsure what did it.
Exactly the same as the video and original description as a Captur 6 years older!...😳
A bit alarmed happening on a car that’s so new...☹

·
Super Moderator
2,549 Posts
Headlights, wipers.... they all have a mind of their own in the Captur. Never a dull moment.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts