Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a solution on windows auto close? Because it already start to annoy me a little bit too much. Each time I stop the car after a drive with my windows opened and I forget to close them before I kill the engine, I cannot raise my windows. I have to start the engine, close the windows then shut down the engine again. Problem is that I might forget some other window open except the one on the driver. That one is easy because is on my side. But if I drive and my son open a window, it is very possible to forget it open andburglarsmight just take that as an invitation!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Capturion. I know that Renault is using an integrated electrical system (I don't know theacronymof it) that uses the same wire to transmit different signals to different parts of the car. I know that because I asked the dealer if I could put some courtesy led inside the car and he said that is not possible without pulling a special wire. I'm wondering if that device is compatible with our Renault.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Have you tried opening the driver's door after you stop the engine and then realise that a window is open? On some cars, this gives you 30 seconds to press the "close" button for the window.
My Galaxy, like most VW-built cars of its age, has a feature that if you get out of the car then lock with the key rather than the remote, and hold the key in the "lock" position, closes all 6 of the electric windows. If you do the same to unlock the car (for instance after it has been parked in the sun on a hot day), it opens all the windows... actually only 4 of the 6 electric windows (the ones in the doors, not the rear side windows by the 3rd row of seats).

·
Registered
46 Posts
On my Scenic I just put the keycard back in the slot and I can close the windows (I don't normally have the keycard in the slot). I don't get my Captur until Saturday so I can't try this yet, but it might worth a try. :)
Edited by: BigPete

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, you can put the keycard in the slot to turn the ignition on in the same way as turning the key to position 1/2 on other cars, this then allows you to put windows up, put radio on etc

Hope this helps

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. It didn't work. True, I didn't put the card in the card reader. But I have hands free and being in the car with the card should be the same. An I did that. In the car, with the card on me, I pressed the start button and the car behaved like half turn of the key an a regular car. But the windows did not had power. I had to turn on the engine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try this. I'll get back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Modules like the ones I posted, are used when installing a car-alarm so that when you arm the alarm, if there are any windows down this module gives the pulse to close them. It works with all cars as far as I know. I have one "DEI 530" module installed on my FORD Ka latest model for 4 yrs now.Edited by: Capturion

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have just tried what was said about inserting key card and it works on mine.you get a click when you put it in and all the dashboard lights up and window buttons work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was testing the other evening the matter in question and the results are as follows:1. Card inside vehicle, not in the card reader. Power off engine no door open - windows work.
2.Card inside vehicle, not in the card reader. Power off engine. Open front door - windows not working.
3.Card inside vehicle, not in the card reader. Power off engine. Open then close front door - windows not working.

4.Card inside vehicle, not in the card reader. Power off engine. Open then close front door. Press the Start/Stop button without starting the engine (without pressing clutch) - windows not working.
5. Card in the card reader. Power off engine. Regardless the doors state- windows work.
6. None of the card buttons closes the windows no matter the combination. No matter for how long or how many buttons you are press nothing happens (except for the thing that the button is meant to do - i.e. lock the car, turn light on etc).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, BUT if you DO NOT OPEN the door!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got my Captur today and had the same problem. I then upgraded the system to 4.03 and with the keycard in the slot the windows work even after turning off the engine and opening and closing the doors. So I think the upgrade has cured the problem. Geodor are you running the car with the latest system upgrade?

·
Registered
82 Posts
BigPete said:
Got my Captur today and had the same problem. I then upgraded the system to 4.03 and with the keycard in the slot the windows work even after turning off the engine and opening and closing the doors. So I think the upgrade has cured the problem. Geodor are you running the car with the latest system upgrade?
That must be what Geodor describesunder section5.Edited by: ChrisJJ

1 - 20 of 24 Posts