Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Does anyone know if there are non-Renault windscreen blades to fit the Captur. My local Renault garages are out of stock of Renault blades and have said they are having to wait up to 6 weeks to get them from France. One garage tried Bosch blades which are supposed to be compatible but not. Grateful for suggestions - I have the most awful noise when mine are working - second set I've put on in a car 19 months old with 10,000 miles on the clock. Not happy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bosch make replacement, there was a change of fitting about 2016 year model so best check if yours is about that date. I have fitted Bosch and they are excellent. Halfords should advise which fitting if in doubt.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I know of two types used, one has the old type of hooked end of the wiper arm, and the other type
is a nearly straight end bayonet, it has a hole near the end of the arm.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yes the Bosch should fit.
Do Renault still fit the crap OEM v**** make wiper blades.

What type of fitting is you wiper arm
Can you upload photos for people to check?
cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My garage has tried the Bosch A261S but they don't fit the 2017 model (they've also tried other makes ). I have also spoken to Halfords who confirm that they have no blades to fit the later model Captur. The Renault blades are on back order so I will wait for them to come in. Many thanks for all your comments.

·
Registered
409 Posts
New style wiper blades for captur 16 plate were meant to be released about summertime but not sure if they actually did.

What sites have you tried to source newer wiperblades for your Captur??

I fitted Bosch to 14 plate with no problems. Is the newer design of Renault wipers arms so different?
hope you get them sorted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, my blades are only 6 months old were very noisy last week,put it down to the cold weather been ok this week.The blades were fitted by reno,but not Renault blades.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just replaced all the blades on my March 2017 model with the Bosch A261S ones and found them the easiest wipers I've ever had to replace ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was thinking about replacing my wipers [2018 model] as they’re making a horrible groaning noise as they move over the screen. Will this solve the problem and do you think it maybe a warranty issue ? Grateful for any thoughts. Adrian.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wiper blades are classed as"consumables" and are not covered by warranty. New blades will almost certainly stop the noise. FWIW. I recommend Bosch Aerotwin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 model with wiper noise problems and I can confirm the Bosch A216S do not fit this model even though they say they should.
Also to remove the original is very tricky. I am thinking about making a warranty claim.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi Smudger,
What websites have you tried to source wiper blades for 2018 Captur?

What make of blades are fitted to your car at present is it still the crappy V**** brand.

Can,t understand why renault get away with fitting these brand as standard as they are sooooooooooooo bad for squeaking and juddering across the wind screen.

Good luck with your warranty claim with Renault as they are a pain to deal with but your dealership might be able to help you source Bosch Aerotwins.
keep us posted
cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good evening a Newbie here with a query
Are your wiper arms the hook type or the bayonet ?
My car is 2018 & the bayonet type,but I can't see how to remove the blades. The Renault page I checked said to press a button but there is no button on mine,they are a smooth fitting & seem to click in.
Anyone any idea how to please ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thought it was Bosch Aerotwin A261S were the blades you want. It appears that Renault have reverted back to the pre 03/2016 bayonet type arms. Blades for these are readily available. Or have they? Seems it's just pot luck which type you get.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts