Renault Captur Forums banner

windscreen cracking

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Donz 
#1 ·
The internal rear view mirror fell off pulling a shard of glass with it. Apparently renault only cover windscreens for 1500 miles or 2 months.(I have done 5000miles). However I learnt that 5 other Captures have reported the same issue at this dealership. After some discussion, the warranty manager signed off a new screen. While waiting I viewed another one in the car park with cracks in the screen around the rear view mirror. It looks likely that there was a bad batch around September October 2013. If you are one of these insist on a manufacturer repair. Well done to lookers Stockport for managing it with Renault customer services, who really did not want to know.

#3 ·
This is a great post, I got back to my car yesterday to find the rear view mirror hanging from the cable, when I looked closer it seemed as if the mirror had come away from the glass but there was a deep indentation in the glass.I phoned the dealer today and took it in, they first of all thought it had taken a knock but when they realised I wasn't for messing around with they suggested I raised an issue with customer relations, I'm waiting for a call bak tomorrow but I will be quoting this as I bought mine in January as a demonstrator but it was 1st reg in Sept so could be connected.
I'll update when its resolved

#5 ·
I have a Renault Captur which is just over 2 years old with approx. 35k on the clock. Whilst making a minor adjustment to the rear view mirror, it came awaywith a piece of glass attached leaving anindentation in the windscreen. Has anybody has this kind of experience, & is it covered by warranty?

#9 ·
have had a couple of windscreens replaced over the years (not recently) and the contact was with the windscreen guys and they are only interested in getting the job done
The type of damage is immaterial to them.The insurance just pays them. Must admit mine was proper damage but do not think it mattered.

#10 ·
Hi this happened to my Captur when it was 9 months old. I was informed that they should only be covered for a six months period from date of purchase. On questioning the dealer they let it slip that it was a manufacturing fault and that they had capturs on the plot with the same fault. The salesman who had sold the car arranged for it to be replaced because of this. I am not sure if it is wiorth pushing them to see if they will do it for yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.