Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation about my Captur I have not noticed this on another car............does your front windscreen distort vision for the bottom inch of it...........mine does!! All across just along top of the dash!!

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it ??

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I suffer from bad eyesight....but why would you be peering through the bottom inch of your windscreen?...What do you get up to in your car?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its something I had noticed when I picked it up last year but never asked if anyone elses did the same.........Its not a fault it can be expected from a laminated windscreen......its just the bottom edge everything else is fine...........

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't think I have ever driven a car that hasn't had some sort of distortion at the edges of teh windscree, particulalry at the base.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally.........I have never seen one quite as pronounced as in a Captur........especially at the base of the screen!
I too have driven lots of cars........distortion can be expected its glass......

·
Registered
818 Posts
Oh, I will have to check! But you tend to look through the middle of the screen when driving, not really bottom... Unless you park... But even then, you would tend to sit up to look at end of bonnet! (Failing that, listen to front sensors screaming! They are so good!).Would you need to have your eyes at dashboard level, or is it from normal driving position that it is noticeable?
Mel

·
Registered
39 Posts
I´ve have the same problem, when i look near the dashbord the distortion are noticeable. The problem i have is the white lines in the road, they curves/turns when they are in this area and i see it even if i look straight foreward.I have my second Captur now and it´s the same thing on this. Nothing in the back window but i have seen it on the back window on a clio.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have noticed it today! But only because I was looking at the reg number of the car stopped at lights in front of me! You can certainly not see it when you are driving as you look further ahead than the bottom of dashboard.
However, I loved the fact that for the first time in 17 years of driving I was NOT blinded by cars in any of my mirrors, or even from oncoming traffic! Absolutely fantastic! I enjoyed driving the car so much that I did not exceed 50 on the motorway! (Partly because M42 was slow!). I was not in a hurry to overtake anything! Silver B might be renamed Silver E (for Escargot!)
Mel

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for sharing :) just saved me an embarrassing call to Renault , thought my eyes where going funny. never seen such a pronounced distortion before

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad I found this thread, noticed it over the last few days, very pronounced when on the motorway, now I've seen it I can't stop noticing it!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
It is there, but it should not be a bother as it is only present at bottom of windscreen. When you drive, your eyes would be looking a lot higher than the bottom of screen!
Mel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts