Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else is having a problem with their washer jets because I am.
My dealer telephoned me to check if my jets were working correctly. As I had only just collected the car he rightly assumed I might not have used them. It seems there is a problem as another owner had reported it. The jets were set at a level where the water only just hit the screen and therefore not doing a good cleaning job.
I returned with my car and the mechanic was only ably to move them a notch which sent the water over the roof. Not good for the following car, I am sure at some time you have been annoyed when water jets from the car in front of you hits your car.
It looks as though this is a design fault and if enough complain to customer services about this something will be done via Renault. My partners Captur has the same fault.
A replacement ? who knows.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree the washer jets on my Captur are poor to. The water only hits the bottom half of the windcreen, fortunatley however the wiper blade catches the water and moves it up to the top half. Not ideal but I can live with it.Edited by: iang

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem, jets firing water in to bottom of windscreen, spent 20 minutes re-setting the jets, now working perfectly although very fine adjustment needed otherwise they go from one extreme to another,
Ordered my Arizona 0.9 on the 15th July & collected it on 10th august, feel very lucky to have only waited 3 weeks for my captur, have now passed 1800 miles and fuel consumption has steadily increased to 38.4 mpg, I only travel 6 miles a day to. & from work so not bad, what a great car to drive, puts a smile on your face, anybody waiting to collect won't be disappointed .

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Now that you all mention it, the washer jets are poor....I will need to see if I can adjust them....

·
Registered
588 Posts
used them a couple of days ago and must admit i never saw a problem. did notice for the 1st time that the wiper blades on the front are a different size...hadnt spotted that in the demo

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hopwit Welcome!! You caught my attention with your washer comment...and I never realised that you just joined us on the forum....even though you are a veteran Captur owner! lol!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ythsie,
Been enjoying our Katie ( Captur ) for a few months now, absolutely love it, amazing how many heads it turns, still only seen one other captur on the road.
Fell lucky when ordering ours, as dealership where able to supply within 3 weeks, don't know if I could have waited as long as some have had to wait, although it is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
our washer jets didnt work at all when we collected our captur. On checking it out found that they had no fluid in the tank!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ythsie said:
Adjust them by putting in a pin...or how?
I watched the mechanic try and adjust mine, no pin, he did it using a screw driver to the side of the jet unit accessible under the bonnet. Apparently there are notches and you can move into each one, one at a time. Sadly still too high or too low. I think it is acommon problem and Renault need to look into it. If on a motorway and you are sprayed with a lot of messy water I don't think it will do a good job of cleaning and why should I think the present setting "will do"

·
Registered
27 Posts
People dont worry.Yes ,the water only hits the bottom half of the windcreen.But it is OK.The same is on my car.In the beginning I decided that it is fault.But all windscreen was washed very nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I booked in my Captur to have the windscreen washer jets looked at as the jets were trickling water to the bottom quarter of my windscreen, thinking this would just need a minor tweak to rectify. I was called by my dealership a few days later saying this was a common fault that they had discovered and they had to order in special parts from France for quite a few cars. Apparently the dealership couldn't just tweak it as the parts typically snapped off. I have my car booked in for next week and hope this will rectify the issue. I was concerned by the amount of time this would take to sort out, as the earliest they could deal with my car was three weeks after my first phone call to them. Working windscreen washers/wipers are so crucial but to be fair this is the first fault that I have had since owning the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I adjusted them yesterday without any problem.They were a bit too low when temperature went to -7 C (20 F) and the fluid is more dense.
Using a screwdriver I turned the jets a bit and fluid goes now at 3/4 of windscreen. I was affraid reading some claims here, however in my case it was very easy and took me about 10 minutes with two trials.

·
Registered
11 Posts
bjs53 said:
I adjusted them yesterday without any problem.They were a bit too low when temperature went to -7 C (20 F) and the fluid is more dense.
Using a screwdriver I turned the jets a bit and fluid goes now at 3/4 of windscreen. I was affraid reading some claims here, however in my case it was very easy and took me about 10 minutes with two trials.

Hi , is there a special lock or something to adjust it, or just use the screw, turn it around clockwise/counter, mine was a bit too high.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts