Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT IMPRESSED!

Driving back from the UK to Luxembourg at the week-end, I was in the middle of the Belgian Ardennes motorway, where the weather can be very unpredictable.

It started raining really hard + hailstones. Had wipers on Automatic and they did not start, put wipers on Manual - did not start! Could not see anything - bearing in mind I was on the motorway doing +/- 120km/hour - DANGEROUS!!

In my panic, I flipped the washer jet on and the wipers moved, so I had to do that every 3 seconds until I could find somewhere to stop the car.

Once pulled over, stopped the car, took card out, waited a minute and started it again, wipers worked again.

Has this happened to anyone else?? This is not on, had the car 6 months and have already had to have washer pump replaced, jets re-set twice because they were spraying over the top of the car, ESC error messages (Renault re-set the computer went away and then came back again - they won't listen when I complain, they said it's because of the weather although the error message came on when turning car on and not when driving).

I'm so mad!!

Sarah

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Experienced same fault to a tee.

When I bought my Capture about 8 months ago I was offered a part time driving job with the dealership so I have a slightly closer connection with them.

The latest I have had from workshop foreman is that Renault now accept there is a fault but can only diagnose if fault occurs again !! Needless to say after my own ignition reset the fault has never returned.

Will make more enquiries and keep you posted.

Regards

Barry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply - Hoping this doesn't happen again but makes me wonder, if this is already playing up, what's next to come...?

We'll see when it happens I suppose... lol

Thank you for keeping me posted, I appreciate it :)

Sarah

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just drove back from a day trip to find out my wipers don't work either.
I get one solitary wipe when I change sensitivity and that's it.
Moving the stalk to position 1 or 2 gives me nothing at all.
Just had to drive on the motorway using the wash and wipe method which wasn't fun.

Any ideas as to how we get this fixed? I need my car for work and can't afford to have it in a workshop for weeks

Lisa

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had that one day in torrential rain, just had to do a manual swipe for the journey. Was going to call the garage the next day but it sorted itself and not had any problems since.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Had a 20 mile drive today, rain started but the wipers did not even though on auto. Started ok manually but am now seriously worried; on Friday I am off on a 1450 miles run into Europe and do not want this happening.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't know what t set my wipers at because set then on auto and wait nothing. set them to speed up nothing.inthe end just fiddle until they start to perform.will def be going back to dealer about them.unless I am doing something wrong.had no trouble on my focus what you set them at they done.strange

1 - 8 of 8 Posts