Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any problems with the windscreen wipers? Torrential rain today, set to automatic and thought they would start once I drove off but had to pull over. Tried changing all the settings but only got them working with one swipe by pulling the stick towards me and kept having to do that. Just as well it was a very short journey.

·
Registered
355 Posts
have got mine set on auto, middle setting for moisture. took a while to get used to it, doesn't start straight away. Don't know where the sensor is, maybe under the bonnet?

Auto headlights too, come on too easily, but leaving them anyway, will ask when it gets serviced.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the car for over two months and all working ok up to now, just today that had the problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very strange, just came home and the wipers are working perfectly again. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re wipers I find that the only setting worth using, when I drive my wife's Captur, is "max sensitivity" & even that has me waiting for them to respond sometimes!!!!!!!!!!
If they don't work on start up a flick on the sensitivity switch from max to lower & back seems to kick start them. The sensor can only sense rain where it is & sometimes splodges of rain right in front of the driver's eye line need manual intervention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts