Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am awaiting my new Dynamique MediaNav in oyster grey (2 weeks) and just little worried about the stop start as never driven a stop start before (didn't manage a test drive!) and also using the Eco drive function is totally new to me but do a lot of town driving for my job - big part of getting Captur, any advice please? And can not wait to get my new car!! :) xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stop/start was new to me too and although it's a little strange the first few times the engine cuts off you get used to it in no time. When you're at the traffic lights for example, you just put the car in neutral and stick the handbrake on and the car kills the engine until you depress the clutch again.
The eco button is either on or off. I notice a slight difference in acceleration when its on but, as with stop/start, you don't have to think about it or do anything different.
I was equally excited getting my car and I've had it almost a week and love going out in it each day. Have fun!

·
Registered
588 Posts
dont panic Ooney! stop/start was new to me too but its Brilliant! soon as you dip the clutch it starts up again like it never turned off! also there is a button which enables you to turn it off but if your only doing short journeys i wouldnt worry as it doesnt tend to work until the car has driven for 15-20minutes in my experiance.

as for the eco button, again its down to preference as to if you use it or not. i tried it for a fortnight then went without and i didnt notice a massive difference in the MPG so ive left it off to give you that little "push" from standing still. again another thing id never had before and was easy to get use to.

which size engine did you opt for? if its the 90tce our cars could be twins

·
Registered
306 Posts
I too was wondering how I would get on with it as never having it before and all I can say is it works a treat! Like BBT says its like a instantaneous switch when you touch the clutch. I also tend to keep my foot on the brake instead of using the hand brake at lights etc,as then the hill start function always stops you from rolling back. It may also do this with the hand brake but I've never tried.

As for the ECO button I leave off as I find it noticeably sluggish and hesitant when joining traffic and roundabouts
and anyway I want the full fat90 bhp at all times!

·
Registered
924 Posts
The hill start assist only works with the footbrake. You get two seconds of braking effect, on release of the footbrake. So as you move your right foot from brake to throttle, it prevents the car rolling back on hills. The handbrake is not like an automatic handbrake Renault have on other vehicles; there is no release delay. Once you release the handbrake you will roll back, as normal.Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you sooooo much!! I'm sooo excited but was a little nervous about these new extras!! I've gone for the 1.5 dci and bigbadtony - is the oyster grey lovely looking? I've not seen it on a Captur yet and wasn't too keen on the super bright colours!!
Thank you everyone for being really helpful, it's good to know about being able to switch certain bits off and as i work in the community constantly starting and stopping (most journeys between 2-5 miles) it helps hearing about the Eco drive. It feels like so much to take in! Lol, cheers xxx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, i am a health visitor working in the community and have had my captur 8 days now. When working I set ECO and find its fine for driving around the streets. At first I wasnt aware the start stop was working as it seemed so quiet. Its easy to use and i am sure you will soon get used to it like me. I thought my hill starts were excellent until i remembered the hill start assist :) I love the car and i'm sure you will too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would anyone know if there's stop/start on the auto gearbox? Only asking as I'm not sure how it would work if you just left the car in 'Drive' at lights and kept your foot on the brake. If so, is there any way to over-ride it (i.e. turn it off)?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome Ooney44 would echo what others have said above I too had never had a car with stop start remember that it doesnt work ALL the time as it relies on a few things like engine temp and what you have turned on (aircon etc) before it works consistantly.
When I first collected my Captur I used to turn it off until I was used to the car I just decided one day to leave it on (the Captur defaults it to on at every new start up!) and have left it in operation since and had no problems.I find it gets you in the good habit of neutral and handbrake on at lights or waiting.You will get used to it!!

Edited by: TC Eddy

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm impressed that my partner is getting 6.7 to 100km at an ECO driving score of 80%.. Not at all bad for an auto 120!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you to everyone being so helpful, it's made me feel much less anxious about it!! Went to garage today to sit in one, just to keep me going till mine arrives!!! Lol!! Xxx

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mrs Whiteball says she thinks the seats are as comfy as any we have ever had before and better than most of them. So forget about the lack of lumber support complaints, I've not noticed it in the least. I was wary of stop go having never had it before. I can promise you its pretty fool proof (It would have to be for me) and you will soon get used to it. What you may not get used to easily is its inconsistancey. It seems it only works when your battery is charged enough, and ther are about twenty different situations that stop it working.

·
Registered
355 Posts
New to me as well, but I waited until I stopped at traffic lights with no one behind me. Bear in mind it doesn't work when the engine is cold . and needs to charge up too. There is enough time on red/Amber for you to change from neutral to 1st.

Speed limiter is interesting too. It instantly goes to whatever speed you are driving, or the previous set limit. Saves lots of fuel on motorway journeys.

Cruise control is little use to me so far, needs an empty motorway. More chance of winning the lottery!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ooney i have had my captur two weeks now and you will get used to the stop start really quick its a clever feature just put the car in nutrul and it will switch off and the auto sighn will flash when you should be using the stop start system enjoy your capture thet are lovely,

·
Registered
260 Posts
Id say you'll barely notice it working as it just fits with the general way people drive. If you're waiting in traffic too long people generally go to neutral and apply the handbrake, just this time you'll be saving fuel at the same time! Also a word of warning the engine does fire back up on its own sometimes which has caught me out on a few occasions.Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
338 Posts
It fires back (according to my garage) after approx 5 mins as it starts to cool down if it is longer wait than that. The one time you will not be able to have it on is if you use A/C as that needs engine to run

1 - 20 of 22 Posts